Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

1960's Pearl Tom

I am on the hunt for a mid to late 60's Pearl Drums tom to go with my bass and floortom that I picked up recently.

It's doesn't have to match the finish but if it does that is great.

The only thing I am concerned about is matching the hardware and perhaps the badge.

All possible candidates are open for review.

I am also looking for a 16" "stick saver" style hoop for this FT.

Please post up or pm me.

Thanks Party

www.macdrums.com
Posted on 8 years ago

BUMP Coffee Break2

www.macdrums.com
Posted on 8 years ago

From macr0w

BUMP Coffee Break2

What he said. ^^^^^ LoLoLoLo

www.macdrums.com
Posted on 8 years ago

If I had to garner a guess on what year for these - it would be 1968 or 69. If these badges are exclusively 60s, combined with my understanding that both Pearl and Star transitioned from the thinner shells with rerings --- to the thicker shells with no rings - right about 1967-68.

I will be on the lookout for something for ya - as I have a friend with about a dozen MIJ toms that I am helping him liquidate (once he gets off his butt and shoots some pics). I will then be helping him offer these via a thread on here and over at DFO - likely to be entitled MIJ orphans or something like that.

Here is the thread I already started on this....and I will be using this to update the progress on this liquidation. http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=54333

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

From Drummerjohn333

If I had to garner a guess on what year for these - it would be 1968 or 69. If these badges are exclusively 60s, combined with my understanding that both Pearl and Star transitioned from the thinner shells with rerings --- to the thicker shells with no rings - right about 1967-68. I will be on the lookout for something for ya - as I have a friend with about a dozen MIJ toms that I am helping him liquidate (once he gets off his butt and shoots some pics). I will then be helping him offer these via a thread on here and over at DFO - likely to be entitled MIJ orphans or something like that. Here is the thread I already started on this....and I will be using this to update the progress on this liquidation. http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=54333

Well, cool. Cool1

I think you're right on the 67-68 date. The only thing that I wonder about is the "phenolic" shells that they went to about that time. These are definitely ply wood.

If your friend has a 13" that is a Pearl with the same lugs and hoops I'll take it.

I really want the badge to match as well.

I may take 12" if I get desperate but I really want a 13".

The wrap would have to be good. LoLoLoLo

I will keep an eye on that thread.

www.macdrums.com
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here