Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

1960's 24" zildjian ride

I recently picked this 24"er up and have been playing it as much as possible. To put it simply,I love this ride. It weighs in at 3368 grams. I am surprised at how controllable this lively beast is. It's got a great wash,defined bell,and a smooth crash to it. The more I play it the more I like it and am discovering it's nuances. I'm half tempted to start trying to collect some more 24"s.

If you come across one of these beasts,don't be afraid of it's size because if you are you might miss out. I am glad I took the shot and scored.

Posted on 13 years ago

One of my biggest regrets was letting go of a keyholed 24" Paiste 602 ride. :(

I loved that cymbal, though my tastes have changed a bit and I probably would have sold it some time. I tend not to hold onto anything if it is of no use to me.

That being said, as my playing has been progressing (getting away from the e-drums, in particular), my preference to larger and larger ride cymbals (and oddly enough- smaller and smaller crashes) is taking hold. Large rides tend to have some body to their sound, can be dry, yet washy and crash well. I currently play a 22" Paiste Stewart Copeland Blue Bell Ride, but after listening to a sound sample on Paiste's website, now I want a custom-made 24" Alpha Metal Ride coated in black (yeah- real vintage ;) ). Paiste probably won't do that, but would probably do a 24" Rock Ride coated in black.

Yeah- I'm THAT guy!!!

Dead dogs like rusty fire hydrants!!!
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here