Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

18 inch Zildjian A Large Stamp identification

I bought this cymbal yesterday and the store had it labelled as 60's but after doing some searching, i found some defining characters about the cymbal but id like more opinions. The Crash is 18 inches and features a large 1 3/4 inch stamp, no hollowed lettering, three dots in the arabic writing and has a bump on the top of the cymbal (not bottom) where it has been stamped. Inside the bottom of the bell it is pitted by the lathe and the bell top has pretty unique lathing on it as well. Im not sure of its weight yet. Does anyone know if this is indeed a rare 1954 large stamp (type II?) as i believe it to be? I pretty sure this is not a 70s model the stamp is fairly prominent and looks like it was stamped heavily n not lightly like many 70s seem to be. Can anyone tell me more about this or correct me, im a noob here but have other stuff id like to share as well. Thanks a bunch!

5 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

The three dots in the script indicate 60s, but to get more specific than that you'll have to wait for the experts to weigh in. Definitely not 70s though.

Posted on 14 years ago

Cool, thanks. Have you heard of this 1954 large stamp with solid block lettering? i read about it around so i thought this might be it. And, the buldge on the stamp is on the top of the cymbal..is that a defining characteristic? Was it the opposite on newer cymbals?

Posted on 14 years ago

It's definitely 50s Large Stamp.

I don't know what the 1954 stamp is though.

Drumaholic will probably tell you.Jump For Joy

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for the info Takauya! With this bump i hope to get the attention of some of the others on here who may know a bit about this Large Stamp! Im so curious about it because it sounds awesome and really fits with the music that i play, i end up using it as a crashride most of the time and even the bell on it sounds super nice. Thanks in advance folks.

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm not certain what year it is but the 50's block letterring looks like this..

Posted on 14 years ago

From Olimpass

I'm not certain what year it is but the 50's block letterring looks like this..

Yes ive seen these before though im not sure if they had a 1 3/4 inch stamp (the size of mine) with that block lettering...ive seen pics on someones Zildjian stamp collection with a few from the 50s that did not have the block lettering but had three dots in the arabic script. Anyways, thanks for trying..i dont think thats what im looking for.

Posted on 14 years ago

Have you heard of this 1954 large stamp with solid block lettering?

I don't know what the 1954 stamp is though.Drumaholic will probably tell you.

Right.

No such thing.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Drumaholic

Right.No such thing.

Cool, good to know. I read that on some other persons article and i wouldnt know who was more credible being that im new to this but i appreciate your response anyways. So is this thing a 60s cymbal then?

Posted on 14 years ago

From MbbW

Cool, good to know. I read that on some other persons article and i wouldnt know who was more credible being that im new to this but i appreciate your response anyways. So is this thing a 60s cymbal then?

Mid 1950's.

Whose article was it ?

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here