Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

15" Paiste 2002 Sound Edge Hats

Hi there - I have just purchased a set of these hats (red labels) from a guy in Cape Town (which is about 1800kms away from where I live) and have not tested them at all. I have been hunting high and low for a set of 15"'s in South Africa and I will not be surprised if this is one of only a few sets in our country!

Anyway, I am really into the sound of these hats based on Bonham, Paice and Alex van Halen's sounds from the 70's which would have been the black label 15" hats.

I do know that Paiste is renowned for their consistency, but my question is whether the new (red label) hats of today will resemble the "old" (black label) hats of yesteryear in most (important) respects? I remember having read somewhere that the "older" hats wee slightly thinner than the later ones but that may have related to other cymbals, I cannot remember.

Your valued input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Erik

Drums: Ludwig / Star / Tama / Yamaha
Snares: Arai /Mapex / Ludwig / Slingerland / Star / Tama
Cymbals: Meinl / Paiste / Tosco / Wuhan /Zildjian / Zyn
Posted on 9 years ago

Erik all my 2002's are black label my 15" SE are too, The black label are a tad bit lighter in weight than the red label. In the ones I have weighed. You will love the red label 2002's they will sound to you just what you've been hearing all your life. Paiste rules !!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

From vintagemore2000

Erik all my 2002's are black label my 15" SE are too, The black label are a tad bit lighter in weight than the red label. In the ones I have weighed. You will love the red label 2002's they will sound to you just what you've been hearing all your life. Paiste rules !!!

Hi thanks for that. I received the hats today and they are sweet!!! Exactly what i expected and the sound I had in my head! I still wish they were black label for the aesthetics but man, as for the sound, i have no complaints at all. A lifelong dream just came trrueD' DrummerD' Drummer

Drums: Ludwig / Star / Tama / Yamaha
Snares: Arai /Mapex / Ludwig / Slingerland / Star / Tama
Cymbals: Meinl / Paiste / Tosco / Wuhan /Zildjian / Zyn
Posted on 9 years ago

From Black Label

Hi thanks for that. I received the hats today and they are sweet!!! Exactly what i expected and the sound I had in my head! I still wish they were black label for the aesthetics but man, as for the sound, i have no complaints at all. A lifelong dream just came trrueD' DrummerD' Drummer

No other cymbal sounds like paiste's do. Glad your happy with them.

Clapping Happy2

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

I use my 1980 Red Label 15" 2002 Sound Edge hats all the time live. They definately get the job done !

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here