Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

15" Avedis Zildjian Hollow Ink Stamp Hi-Hats

Hi all,

I might have an opportunity to purchase a nice set of 15" Avedis Zildjian hi-hats with the hollow ink stamp on the under side of the cymbals. The price tag on the set is $100. Being new to vintage cymbals I was wondering if the price is suitable or if it might be too high. Sorry I don't have any pictures to share but they are in nice condition. What do you think?

Posted on 12 years ago

Not a bad price as far as I can tell...

Yeah- I'm THAT guy!!!

Dead dogs like rusty fire hydrants!!!
Posted on 12 years ago

That's a great price for hollow logo 15's....

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 12 years ago

Well, I snagged them. $122 after shipping and tax. Tell me I still did good?

Posted on 12 years ago

If the hollow logos are strong, then I'd say you did pretty well. Weight makes a big difference too. Pictures when possible.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 12 years ago

That is a great deal if they are in good shape.

Posted on 12 years ago

I love my 15" hollow logo hi hats. They are very buttery, warm and smooth.

Posted on 12 years ago

Alright, here's some pics and more details for these hats:

15" top cymbal (pic #1 & #2) hollow ink stamp visible and weighs 1138 grams.

15" bottom cymbal (pic #3 & #4) hollow ink stamp very faint, you have to look close to see it. I don't think you can even see it in the picture. This cymbal weighs 1592 grams. Both cymbals are in pretty good condition with minimal wear and tear. No flea bites etc.

I also have a 20" hollow logo ride in the same condition as the hi hats. This one weighs 2430 grams.

4 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

For them kind of old hi hats cymbals that you have on here

i seen them go for at lease on ebay at $235 or more ..$300 ...

I even seen a set of 16 inch for for a lot more to ....

Hollow old zildjians hi hats cymbals are just to hard to fine these days

But a good looking hi hats

Posted on 12 years ago

From superclassic

Alright, here's some pics and more details for these hats:15" top cymbal (pic #1 & #2) hollow ink stamp visible and weighs 1138 grams.15" bottom cymbal (pic #3 & #4) hollow ink stamp very faint, you have to look close to see it. I don't think you can even see it in the picture. This cymbal weighs 1592 grams. Both cymbals are in pretty good condition with minimal wear and tear. No flea bites etc.I also have a 20" hollow logo ride in the same condition as the hi hats. This one weighs 2430 grams.

The Ride is a Medium Ride by Zildjian's current weight specs. At that time in the late 70's-early 80's, it could have been a Medium or a Ping Ride.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here