Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

15in floor tom

What are your thoughts on a 15x13 Ludwig classic maple floor tom how do they sound the availability of heads is no problem were I am here in Australia.

Posted on 1 year ago

What are your thoughts on a 15x13 Ludwig classic maple floor tom how do they sound the availability of heads is no problem were I am here in Australia.

Cod! I love 15" floor toms! IMHO, they are the perfect size. I'm not a fan of the traditional 14x14 floor tom, as I can't get them to go low enough. A 15" floor is ideal for me!

Here's a picture of my Rogers 15x12 floor tom, that started life as a marching Tenor drum. I use this floor tom as an alternative to the 16x16 that is part of my 1966 Rogers Headliner outfit. Yes, I'd love to have that extra inch of depth, as a 15x13!!

-Mark

3 attachments
Posted on 1 year ago

Love mine. Used a 15 x 14 as a floor for a classic rock kit..

2 attachments

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 1 year ago

Nice set up love the finish

Posted on 1 year ago

This is the kit I'm thinking of buying its got the 15x13 they are Ludwig classic Maple in Sunset Diamond Pearl

Posted on 1 year ago

This is the kit I'm thinking of buying its got the 15x13 they are Ludwig classic Maple in Sunset Diamond Pearl

Looks like an excellent kit! What are the other drum sizes?

-Mark

Posted on 1 year ago

The sizes are 10x7 12x9 22x18 15x13 this is the fast classic maple series its in the 2009 catalogue I love these sizes this wrap finish ii absolutely beatuful im going to pick them up next week.There was another kit in the same sizes i had a thread on here but decided to not get those these are I brand new condition for a 14 year old kit here is a pic you can't see the floortom in the photo but its there.

Posted on 1 year ago

The sizes are 10x7 12x9 22x18 15x13 this is the fast classic maple series its in the 2009 catalogue I love these sizes this wrap finish ii absolutely beatuful im going to pick them up next week.There was another kit in the same sizes i had a thread on here but decided to not get those these are I brand new condition for a 14 year old kit here is a pic you can't see the floortom in the photo but its there.

Cod!! That's a beautiful set, with great tom sizes! I hope you enjoy your "new" set for years to come!

-Mark

Posted on 1 year ago

Thanks Mark im sure I will what heads would you recommend i play mainly classic rock and fushion jazz? I also have a Ludwig Supraphonic 402 to complete this kit

Posted on 1 year ago

Thanks Mark im sure I will what heads would you recommend i play mainly classic rock and fushion jazz? I also have a Ludwig Supraphonic 402 to complete this kit

That's a tough one to recommend! Everybody has their own "ideal" head. However, for Classic Rock and Fusion, you might want to try a double-ply coated head, tuned about medium or just a touch tighter. I've used so many head types over the years, such as Pinstripes, Emperor, Ambassador, PowerStroke 3, etc, and have been able to achieve a good sound will all of them. This is where you really need to experiment to get the sound you're after. I will admit that it can get pricey having to buy all those heads, but it's sometimes required. And, many times, the shell itself will tell you what it likes best, just by trying those different heads. I'm sure other members will chime in with what they feel might be a good choice for you. Let us know what heads you decide on!

-Mark

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here