Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

14" Zildjian A with interesting markings

Yesterday, I decided to pull out the cymbals that I owned. It was really the first time that I examined them closely. I came across a 14" that has a hollow ink logo which I assume indicates that it's a '70s. I had not noticed before that it was ink stamped "crash/ride". OK, why not(???). When I looked at the stamp, there were two things that stood out:

The Ottoman Turkish symbol for "Company" is missing the two dots that I see on other stamps.

There are only two rather than three dots in the Turkish symbols for "Zildjian" and if I'm not mistaken, there are no dots on the '70s.

I'm certain that I have a normal '70s A but I thought the oddities were rather interesting. I'm attaching pix of the stamp and the top and bottom of the cymbal. See what you think. By the way, the stamp measures 1 1/8" and the cymbal weighs 740 grams.

I must add that I'm a newbie here and I owe my knowledge to all you folks here on the forum. You are a wealth of information. I also need to tip my hat to Drumaholic whose post showing the Ottoman Turkish symbols on the stamp and their tranlation helped me to understand what I was looking at. Regards, Old Doc Yak.

Posted on 14 years ago

Anybody? Am I correct in believing that this is a '70s A?

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here