Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

14" K Zildjian hi hats info request

These 2 14" K Zildjian hi hats came with a 59 Slingerland drumset I purchased last year. The drums are all dated Jan 1959. Both of the cymbals are in great condition & don't appear to have been used much. No cracks,keyholes,or dents. I dusted them off but did not clean them. Both weigh 737 grams. I would really appreciate any info on the stamp type, age, & value. Also, what genre of music would these be best suited for? Thanks for any info that the resident experts can provide.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"] electricitOld Stamp type III or type IV, I think...but Drumaholic would be more certain than I. That'd make 'em late 40's, I believe ????

Damn, dude....those weights ? That pair is worth a good $600+.....definitely Jazz hats...maybe good for acoustic music as well. A lotta sizzle, a lotta slosh, a lotta kshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

IMHO, they couldn't project enough for amplified music and they wouldn't have enough "chick" sound to 'em (and if you tried by really laying into 'em....you'd probably be very sorry).

THAT is QUITE the FIND !!!!![/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

great!CryBaby

Posted on 14 years ago

Those are both TYPE IIIa OLD STAMP| 1950-1953.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here