Vintage Drum Forum

Vintage Drum Forum (https://www.vintagedrumforum.com/index.php)
-   Restoring Vintage Drums (https://www.vintagedrumforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Rubber feet (https://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=68130)

microswitch 04-11-2023 12:34 PM

Rubber feet
 
Anyone has a source for Crutch Tip for Atlas, classic single brace stands ? a 67' Ludwig part list calls for P603 tips for Floor Tom and P607 for stands.

I used to find them on Ebay but I can not find it anymore..

jmcohen 04-12-2023 02:30 PM

Re: Rubber feet
 
Drum Factory Direct has some replacement rubber feet but you may need to do some measuring.

https://www.drumfactorydirect.com/in...dex&cPath=4_58

Good luck!

Josh

idrum4fun 04-12-2023 10:46 PM

Re: Rubber feet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by microswitch (Post 476210)
Anyone has a source for Crutch Tip for Atlas, classic single brace stands ? a 67' Ludwig part list calls for P603 tips for Floor Tom and P607 for stands.

I used to find them on Ebay but I can not find it anymore..

Hi microswitch! You need a 7/16" rubber crutch tip. I used to get this size and 3/8" on eBay, but, you're correct. I don't see them anymore!

-Mark

jmcohen 04-13-2023 12:04 AM

Re: Rubber feet
 
If you are looking for 7/16” rubber feet, these 10.5mm ones from Gibraltar may work. 10.5mm converts to 13/32”, almost the same size.

https://gibraltarhardware.com/produc...r-feet-3-pack#

thin shell 04-13-2023 07:39 AM

Re: Rubber feet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcohen (Post 476220)
If you are looking for 7/16” rubber feet, these 10.5mm ones from Gibraltar may work. 10.5mm converts to 13/32”, almost the same size.

https://gibraltarhardware.com/produc...r-feet-3-pack#


Those are their free floating floor tom feet. They are hollow on the bottom to allow the tom to resonate better. Might not be great for use on a stand.

idrum4fun 04-13-2023 10:10 AM

Re: Rubber feet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thin shell (Post 476221)
Those are their free floating floor tom feet. They are hollow on the bottom to allow the tom to resonate better. Might not be great for use on a stand.

Hey thin shell! Good point for sure!

-Mark

vyacheslav 04-13-2023 11:08 AM

Re: Rubber feet
 
I'm not sure if Gibraltar changed the name of them, but I've used these on the Atlas stands and they work great.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibralt...ource=4WWRWXGP

They are round tip but fit snug on the legs. I use spring clamps for 2 or 3 days to help them conform, to the square legs.

I think the Gibraltar website may be using the wrong picture for these. I have the floating floor tom feet and they don't look like those. They are larger at the bottom and have a small hole at the bottom as well. Here's what the Floating feet look like:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibralt...30144+GCWPDPSI

In either case, use the "Large Floor Tom Feet" from Gibraltar and you will be good!

V

thin shell 04-13-2023 01:16 PM

Re: Rubber feet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vyacheslav (Post 476223)
I'm not sure if Gibraltar changed the name of them, but I've used these on the Atlas stands and they work great.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibralt...ource=4WWRWXGP

They are round tip but fit snug on the legs. I use spring clamps for 2 or 3 days to help them conform, to the square legs.

I think the Gibraltar website may be using the wrong picture for these. I have the floating floor tom feet and they don't look like those. They are larger at the bottom and have a small hole at the bottom as well. Here's what the Floating feet look like:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibralt...30144+GCWPDPSI

In either case, use the "Large Floor Tom Feet" from Gibraltar and you will be good!

V



The Q&A section at the bottom says they are for 12.7mm which is what is listed as the large rubber feet on the Gibraltar web site. So they are going to be too big. They might work but will be looser than the 10.5mm ones. It appears that they no longer sell the 10.5mm versions.

microswitch 04-17-2023 01:23 PM

Re: Rubber feet
 
Wow !

Plenty of response..
I will try some of the suggestion posted in here.

Thank you all for your help

jmcohen 04-17-2023 08:00 PM

Re: Rubber feet
 
You might give Drum Center of Portsmouth a call. They have been pretty helpful to me in the past.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.


Copyright 2022