Vintage Drum Forum

Vintage Drum Forum (https://www.vintagedrumforum.com/index.php)
-   Vintage Drums (https://www.vintagedrumforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This is the Display Your Ludwig Drum Thread (https://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=52557)

mlayton 11-29-2016 11:46 PM

Re: This is the Display Your Ludwig Drum Thread

Thanks gents. Yeah Marko, the tri color floor tom gave me the insight to use those colors. I love the fact that the green on my floor tom is faded to a shade that I like much better. I can't stop playing this kit. So surprising in sound. Those white nylon spacers on the bass claws are driving me crazy though. Needed those with the original claws to be able to use the Club Date t-rods. Ludwig makes some black spacers that would look better. Maybe i'll stumble onto a deal with the correct claws.

Beautiful drums Wayne. Don't know which ones I like the best. Almost bought an amber Vistalite Combo Kit a few months back. Had never seen one that color. Love the silver dots and the canister.

Dig those orphans Sweet!

Mike

drumfx 12-08-2016 08:44 AM

Here is a 65' 22/ 13/ 16 all original that i picked up recently...

drumfx 12-08-2016 08:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice original kit...Not sure what it is Classic?, or what model but it sounds killer.

human71 12-08-2016 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drumfx (Post 401289)
Nice original kit...Not sure what it is Classic?, or what model but it sounds killer.

Another awesome kit, and all original too !!

wflkurt 12-08-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drumfx (Post 401289)

That is a beautiful super classic set up. I'm guessing from either 1966 or possibly early 1967. Looks to be in fantastic shape too!

styxx 01-05-2017 07:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
1966 Ludwig Jazz Festival Model. I hang onto it because as far as I can tell very few Marine Pearl white JF's were made in 66 for some reason. Before and after is a different story. All original right down to the heads. I would love to know why finding this color in 66 is so hard. Anyone? lol Well here's my baby. By the way it was a garage sale find.

grantro 01-07-2017 05:19 PM

Very nice drums added to this thread!!

Cheers

wflkurt 01-10-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by styxx (Post 402873)
1966 Ludwig Jazz Festival Model. I hang onto it because as far as I can tell very few Marine Pearl white JF's were made in 66 for some reason. Before and after is a different story. All original right down to the heads. I would love to know why finding this color in 66 is so hard. Anyone? lol Well here's my baby. By the way it was a garage sale find.

I have not really seen this to be the case. I have seen more than my share of 66 jazzfests in WMP. I used to have one just like yours and I wish I still had it! Beautiful drum!

grantro 05-14-2017 06:34 AM

There must be more out there!!

Cheers

CTMichaelV 05-14-2017 07:47 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Wow, too many to list them all, but here are a few of my favorites from the collection.