Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 119.64092%

I have a relatively rare set of Valje congas/bongos for sale

I have a complete set of Valje congas and bongo drums I will sell for the right price and to the right person (collector?).

I'm not in a hurry to sell them for a number of reasons too long to get into here, but I'm willing to talk about it if someone is really interested in buying them.

The set includes:

a quinto, conga, tumba, supertumba and matching bongos. I have fiber cases for them exept for the supertumba (it wasn't available at the time of purchase).

I bought them new in 1977 (I'm thinking they are 1976 or earlier?).

They are in excellent condition. I recently tucked new heads, all LP skins. I think I did a reasonalbe job.

Anyone interested please PM me.

Kona

Posted on 16 years ago

Here is a forum member looking for a set.

Click here

David

Posted on 16 years ago

I have 4 congas and a set of bongos, this fellow wants 3 drums - I don't want to break my drums up.

Thanks for the reply though.

Posted on 16 years ago

I might of mentioned that I was looking for 3 drums. but if you have a set of 4 drums and bongos, then I am really interested on the complete set and what ever accessories you might include. Please contact at [email]louis_vega@yahoo.com[/email] or 407-927-7585.

Thanks;

Lou Vega

Posted on 16 years ago

Not for sale:

After a lot of thought and soul searching I have decided not to sell my Valje drums. They mean too much to not only me, but my youngest daughter (20). She was very upset with me for thinking about selling them - she told me she had too many good memories assiciated with them. That really surprised me, but I can see it now after thinking about it.

Cheers,

Kona

Posted on 16 years ago

Friend in B.C.

You will be intereseted to know that a friend of mine, Ralph Flores, is the son of Tom Flores, the man who made your Valjes. Ralph has reclaimed the Valje label and is now following in his father's footsteps - making Valje Bongos and Congas.

Ralph is also looking for vintage Valjes to put in his "museum". If you are interested or would just like to get in touch with Ralph, go to the following site. Please tell him that "Bhagavan Friend" refered you.

http://www.resolutiondrums.com/history.asp

All The Best,

Bhagavan Friend

Posted on 15 years ago

From Friend

Friend in B.C.You will be intereseted to know that a friend of mine, Ralph Flores, is the son of Tom Flores, the man who made your Valjes. Ralph has reclaimed the Valje label and is now following in his father's footsteps - making Valje Bongos and Congas. Ralph is also looking for vintage Valjes to put in his "museum". If you are interested or would just like to get in touch with Ralph, go to the following site. Please tell him that "Bhagavan Friend" refered you.http://www.resolutiondrums.com/history.asp All The Best,Bhagavan Friend

Hi

I sent Ralph an email yesterday but haven't heard from him yet. I just decided a couple of days ago to part with my beloved Valjes. I put them up for sale in 2007 but just could not part with them. I really hate to do it but I have another collection of drums (Gretsch) that I play and collect and one species is enough for me, my wife and the room we have. Having said that, I want them to go to someone that appreciates the history and beauty of these fine instruments. The price I am asking is not cheap but I know whomever buys them would be happy with them.

There are fiber cases for all except the STumba (bought at the same time I bought the drums in 1977). I have a new LP Bongo stand with them. All the drums have those round metal stands that the drums sit in seperately. They're not the best stands - some like them - some don't. I prefer to just sit them on some wood when I'm playing - the sound soooo nice! I just tucked a new LP head on the STumba 2 days ago. I have new LP heads (flats) for the other drums except the Macho bongo - I tucked that one a year ago with a new LP flat. The Hembra has a new head but I don't like the tucking job I did so I have a new LP head to mount. I would include the unmounted heads with the drums if I don't get around to tucking them.

If I don't hear back from Ralph and you're in touch with him feel free to pass this along to him for me. Even if he doesn't want to buy them I would love to hear how he's doing with the Valje's project.

Posted on 15 years ago

I've Taken The Drums Off The "for Sale" Market For Now.

Kona

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here