Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 117.83716%

1973 Sonor Champion 5 kit for sale

Hey guys,

I ran into a trade and ended up with a 1973 Sonor Champion 5 drum kit. It does have some issues, but is in pretty good condition overall. I have no use for it because I am not a Sonor collector.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Here are the details on the item:

Vintage Rosewood Kit

Sonor - Champion 5 - 1973

Condition: Fair to Very Good (depending on the component) Good Overall

This kit is a 6 ply beech wood Champion 5 kit from 1973.

This drum set comes with all of the drums and stands as originally sold. The only unfortunate thing is that the original owner passed away and it was not stored properly for 20 years. Most of the kit is in very good condition, but a few pieces suffered damage.

Features:

- 6 Ply Beech wood shells

- 22x14" Bass Drum (Very Good Condition)

- 8x12" Ride Tom (Very Good Condition)

- 9x13" Ride Tom (Very Good Condition)

- 16x16" Floor Tom (Fair/good - Minor moisture damage on one side near the bottom of the shell)

- 14x5 Chrome over metal snare - All original (Fair - This drum has the most damage - some areas of flaking due to moisture exposure)

- 3 - Tipple section telescoping straight cymbal stands

- Snare drum stand

- Hi hat stand (Poor - Bad rust at the top of the stem near the hat cup)

- Original bass drum pedal

From what I have seen, it appears this kit in tip top shape this kit would go for over $1500.00. I would consider this a player's kit because of the damage to some of the drums.

I am trying to get $800, but will consider reasonable offers.

You can see the craigslist post at http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/3335655138.html

Posted on 11 years ago

Nice set of Sonors you have. Would love to get me some!!

Posted on 11 years ago

A beautiful kit! Consider listing these in the For Sale section as well. Good luck!

Posted on 11 years ago

Very nice kit N2...and a VERY fair price. A pro players kit ready to go...just add cymbals. I'm sure it won't last long. Good Luck!

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here