Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.05637%

Can you help me identify a Ludwig kit?

[IMG]http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/ludwig_sets/1984_ludwig_drumsets8.jpg[/IMG]This kit is shown on the 8th page of the 1984 Ludwig Drums Catalog of the Vintage Drum Guide.It's white with blue-olive badges and it's named as "modular fast track" and it also has a 4 legs bass drum. I would like to know some more details about this set.What kind of wood is made from? How much is worth today? Is this a good series set???

Posted on 12 years ago

these are 6 ply maple shells this is a top of the line drum kit from Ludwig at that period of time. these are very heavy weight shells as is the Modular hardware, but it is built to last a lifetime. in the US this kit would sale in the $1000.00 + range, 6 ply shells don't have the resale value of 3 ply. which is a shame as they are every bit as good, 6 ply shells are loud and aggressive sounding shells!! these are a great bargin in drum kits.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 12 years ago

Αn old drummer who lives near my house wants to trade these with my 2nd set...!A cheap Gretsch Catalina maple!His ludwig set is exactly like the picture!!!!7 piece set...and he also gives to me a supersensitive snare!!!What do you suggest me to do??

Posted on 12 years ago

your getting a good deal do it. as long as the issues of the drums are all know to you prior to the trade? but the snare drum alone sales for $250.00

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 12 years ago

I will just give him the Gretsch and he will give me the Ludwig!!!!Without any money!!I think it's a preety good deal!!The condition of the drums is great!!!The guy was ceeping them into hard cases!!! ;-)

Posted on 12 years ago

That sounds like a one-sided deal in your favor. But, hey, he instigated it ... maybe he's in a jazz combo and the Ludwigs are too much drum for what he's trying to do.

9x Slingerland New Rock 50N 12-13-16-22 with 170 (Super S-O-M) holder
• 1979 Oak
• 1978 Blakrome + 6.5x14 TDR SD
• 1977 Black Diamond Pearl + 5x14 SD (gold badge, Rapid strainer)
• 1976 Black Cordova
• 1975 Silver Sparkle + 5x14 SD (Rapid strainer)
• 1974 Chrome + 5x14 COB TDR and 6.5x14 COW Zoomatic SDs
• 1973 Purple Sparkle
• 1973 Phantom (clear)
• 1971 Walnut (gold badges) + 5x14 TDR SD
1x Rogers Powertone Londoner V 12-13-16-22
• 1972 Butcher Block + 1979 big R Dynasonic SD
Posted on 12 years ago

No no..!I gave him the idea!!!The truth is that he is not working anymore...he is playing in some gigs 5-6 times a year.I have heard some complains from him about the weight of the Ludwig..and i gave him a "solution" Walking !!!!

Posted on 12 years ago

Guys...what's the name of the series ? The name of the hardware is modular??

Posted on 12 years ago

yes that is the name of the hardware that is on this kit "Modular hardware". Hey if the other drummer is ok with the deal do it. you are most certainly comming out to the good, and good for you that is what this is all about.

Posted on 12 years ago

Yes..!The other drummer is ok with it, and of course i'm ok too!!!!What's the name of the kit series??

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here