Old 03-18-2018, 12:12 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Send a message via AIM to seantdrums
Default Re: Aquamarine Premier Set Found: Value?
Three of the best names for every single part of a premier kit even the parts like rubber feet for flush base stands etc etc that some would say are deemed useless because they cant get parts. Nick Hopkins..Tristan at drumattic...Mike Ellis at Blenheim drums. The list goes on and on..
Old 03-18-2018, 03:34 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by seantdrums View Post
Three of the best names for every single part of a premier kit even the parts like rubber feet for flush base stands etc etc that some would say are deemed useless because they cant get parts. Nick Hopkins..Tristan at drumattic...Mike Ellis at Blenheim drums. The list goes on and on..
Umm.. Ok... I get the message.. Had i known that my comment would cause such a snappish, sensitive stir about a drum company i really don't care about, but others deem worthy, I would have never commented in the first place. For that, i apologize
It's all good

Last edited by human71; 03-18-2018 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:30 PM
DrumBob

I looked the set over carefully yesterday and assembled them, more or less. One of the rack tom extenders is missing, and none of the British vintage drum dealers seem to have one. There are about six tension rods missing, but those are pretty easy to get. The rack toms appear to be international sizes, the bass drum and floor tom look like pre-international. I see that Remo makes heads that will fit.

The hardware is trashed. There is no Premier hardware with the set; it's all Tama or Pearl for the most part, and a Ludwig Speed King. All the hardware is beat to sh**. Worthless basically. The cymbals are as described in my first post. The hard cases are old but usable. The one bright spot is the very nice blue/olive badge Supra 400 snare. It's almost spotless.

I offered a lowball amount for the four drums, but I'm not even sure I feel like taking on a restoration project at this point. Neither do I have the room for another set. I do think it would be a cool gig set once cleaned up, but it's going to take work to get that accomplished.

Anybody else interested in them? I can stop back and take photos in a couple of days.

Last edited by DrumBob; 03-20-2018 at 11:15 PM.