Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Old 10-09-2017, 09:22 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Post

How can you delete your post on here?

Can we do it or have be done by Mod or Admin
Old 10-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Post

Did you say something you shouldn't oughta?

When did you get back? Where were you?

Zap TommyP a pm he'll erase the offending post for you.

John

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Old 10-10-2017, 05:28 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Nothing like that. I just was asking how can I do this . That is all
Old 10-10-2017, 05:31 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Id got back on here the other day. LOL I got booted off of here some how. No reason . lol. Been off of this website for a long time. Been almost 3 years .
Old 10-19-2017, 06:35 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Just asking . Why that we can't delete our own post on here. Beside letting somebody else do it for us..
Old 10-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer123 View Post
Just asking . Why that we can't delete our own post on here. Beside letting somebody else do it for us..

... well, you can DELETE your own post! .. but .. it's what is called a "soft delete", meaning: The post you want gone will not be able to be seen .. but .. I then have to go in and do a HARD DELETE, which completely removes it. So ... here's how you delete your own posts:

CLICK on the EDIT button below the offending/unwanted post, and it will show a DELETE option. Then CLICK that! Done! I will see the soft delete as I check through the posts .. which I do daily .. and then I'll do the hard delete! Hope this was of some help!

Tommyp

Last edited by Tommyp; 10-19-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:26 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Tommyp!

I actually wondered about this, too. Thanks for the instruction!

-Mark
Old 10-19-2017, 11:54 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

I think you will find that the first post in a thread is special and different. If you make the first post in a thread you can delete that post (which effectively deletes the thread) until somebody else also posts in your thread. In that case you can no longer delete your initial post because that would delete the entire thread which you don't have rights to do. You can still go and edit your first post of a thread to remove the content in this case, but somebody with Mod rights (or higher) would have to delete the whole thread to get rid of your initial post.

This is all down to permissions and ownership as implemented in the vBulletin software. It's comprehensive but complicated. And VDF may be configured differently from a different site I moderate -- which is how I know about the features underneath the user level.

Paiste 602/Sound Creation research click here
Which K Stamp? A DIY tool click here
Old K prices and weights click here
Avedis Zildjian gallery and timeline click here
Old A prices and weights click here

Last edited by zenstat; 10-19-2017 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenstat View Post
I think you will find that the first post in a thread is special and different. If you make the first post in a thread you can delete that post (which effectively deletes the thread) until somebody else also posts in your thread. In that case you can no longer delete your initial post because that would delete the entire thread which you don't have rights to do. You can still go and edit your first post of a thread to remove the content in this case, but somebody with Mod rights (or higher) would have to delete the whole thread to get rid of your initial post.

This is all down to permissions and ownership as implemented in the vBulletin software. It's comprehensive but complicated. And VDF may be configured differently from a different site I moderate -- which is how I know about the features underneath the user level.

zenstat!

The first post DELETE is probably a well known control throughout the membership, as yes ... that one is the easiest to get rid of! I think drummer123 was inquiring about subsequent posts within an existing thread, and that DELETE control is as I explained in my reply. As to full thread delete.. yes indeed .. only an admin/mod has that control, and with good reason of course. Fortunately, 'tis rare on the VDF that we get many threads on the VDF that have to be made to go away, as it were.

Tommyp