Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Old 09-19-2019, 07:53 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Drum Foundry

Hey, guys!
I know that Drum Foundry is a division of Black Swamp Percussion based in Michigan but, that's about all. Some of their stuff looks to be of very high quality and solidly built. Does anyone have any experience? I'm looking at their tube lugs. Thanks very much.
Brian

Last edited by salty 1322; 09-19-2019 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Capitalization
Old 09-19-2019, 12:07 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Drum Foundry

Hi Brian!

Drum Foundry used to offer so much more than they do now, but still offer excellent products. I recently purchased a 5-ply Magnum shell, 5x14, as a replacement for my ruined single-ply shell of my Tama 11-lug snare drum. I had them install edges and beds. Excellent edges, but I wasn't that crazy about the style of snare bed, which were a bit too deep and narrow for my liking. I found that using a Remo Diplomat snare-side head, and seating it with a heat gun, let the head seat into those beds!

I've built quite a few drums using their RCK strainer and lugs, both the tube lugs and single-point lugs. Excellent looks and quality! I'm sure you've noticed that their hardware is now being sold by Daville Drumworks.

Attached are pictures of two snare drums, one with their tube lugs and the other with their single-point lugs. Both use the beautiful RCK strainer!

-Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hammered-1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	127610   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3514-1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	127611   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3515-1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	127612  
Old 09-19-2019, 04:20 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Drum Foundry

Thanks, Mark! You always come through! What beautiful drums you have constructed! I am envious of your skill, sir! Thanks so much for your expertise, Mark.
Brian

Last edited by salty 1322; 09-19-2019 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Needed more clarrification