Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Web Site Update

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-31-2014, 07:45 AM
slingerland slingerland is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 1,645
Default No more automatic log on

I have not been able to "save" my log in info, so everytime I come on forum, I have to go type my user name and password, even when I click "remember me" any ideas why this is?
__________________
Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-31-2014, 01:13 PM
RIMS n SKINS RIMS n SKINS is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,148
Default Re: No more automatic log on

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingerland View Post
I have not been able to "save" my log in info, so everytime I come on forum, I have to go type my user name and password, even when I click "remember me" any ideas why this is?
me 2...also a pain when im logging in with my phone..
This Needs to Change.!
__________________
Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-31-2014, 01:35 PM
longjohn longjohn is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,198
Default Re: No more automatic log on

Happens if you are using different PC's Pads etc.. Only one address is allotted to your user name.. Nothing has changed from the old software.

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-31-2014, 02:13 PM
RIMS n SKINS RIMS n SKINS is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,148
Default Re: No more automatic log on

nope...I cant auto sign in from either my labtop or cell..
__________________
Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-31-2014, 02:52 PM
longjohn longjohn is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,198
Default Re: No more automatic log on

Sorry you Guys are correct .. something has changed.. on the old system the auto login defaulted to the most recent pc address used. Just tried another login from my laptop and it is not being "remembered".

Don't Know..??
Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-31-2014, 03:17 PM
zenstat zenstat is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 1,543
Default Re: No more automatic log on

Once you tick the "Remember Me?" box it should remember you on that machine. AFAIK that is done via a browser cookie and the IP address isn't part of the data remembered. But maybe that has changed.

For testing purposes you should try ticking the box and using same browser on the same machine. Once that works (it works for me) you can move on to different machines. Note that you do need to tick the box again since the new/old/reworked vB3.8 based forum came up again. And that is on each and every device you use.

If you have ticked the box on each and every device and that still isn't working for you then check on the level of security set on your browser. Are cookies allowed? Are they cleared when you shut down your browser?

I will do a second machine check when my wife finishes with the other PC in our office. They have different IP addresses but only slightly different because they are part of the same LAN and share one internet access point.

** edit ** Now logged in and re-logged in on machine 2 and it is remembering me just fine. I did have to tick "Remember Me" the first time since I hadn't logged into the forum since the changeover. After that auto-login works just fine.

** edit 2 ** logged out of machine 2 and successfully auto logged back in on machine 1. I find no issues. I'll now see if I can do both at the same time...

** edit 3 ** logged in on both machines successfully with auto login. No issues. This is being added on Machine 2.

Executive summary:

No problems detected
You must tick "Remember Me?" once on each device which is new to the new vB3.8 version
Your browser (or some other security software) must not clear cookies

If you still can't get things to go then I recommend you start giving complete info on

operating system
browser

in case it is something more specific. I am on a Windoze 8.1 machine with Firefox 26.0 (Internet Explorer not used), and an iMac Os 10.6.8 with Safari 5.1.10
__________________
For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert, but for every fact there is not necessarily an equal and opposite fact (Thomas Sowell, 1995 in The Vision of the Anointed)

Paiste 602/Sound Creation research click here
Which K Stamp? A DIY tool click here
Old K prices and weights click here
Avedis Zildjian gallery and timeline click here
Old A prices and weights click here

Last edited by zenstat; 01-31-2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: reporting on machine 2 tests
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-31-2014, 09:08 PM
slingerland slingerland is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 1,645
Default Re: No more automatic log on

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenstat View Post
Once you tick the "Remember Me?" box it should remember you on that machine. AFAIK that is done via a browser cookie and the IP address isn't part of the data remembered. But maybe that has changed.

For testing purposes you should try ticking the box and using same browser on the same machine. Once that works (it works for me) you can move on to different machines. Note that you do need to tick the box again since the new/old/reworked vB3.8 based forum came up again. And that is on each and every device you use.

If you have ticked the box on each and every device and that still isn't working for you then check on the level of security set on your browser. Are cookies allowed? Are they cleared when you shut down your browser?

I will do a second machine check when my wife finishes with the other PC in our office. They have different IP addresses but only slightly different because they are part of the same LAN and share one internet access point.

** edit ** Now logged in and re-logged in on machine 2 and it is remembering me just fine. I did have to tick "Remember Me" the first time since I hadn't logged into the forum since the changeover. After that auto-login works just fine.

** edit 2 ** logged out of machine 2 and successfully auto logged back in on machine 1. I find no issues. I'll now see if I can do both at the same time...

** edit 3 ** logged in on both machines successfully with auto login. No issues. This is being added on Machine 2.

Executive summary:

No problems detected
You must tick "Remember Me?" once on each device which is new to the new vB3.8 version
Your browser (or some other security software) must not clear cookies

If you still can't get things to go then I recommend you start giving complete info on

operating system
browser

in case it is something more specific. I am on a Windoze 8.1 machine with Firefox 26.0 (Internet Explorer not used), and an iMac Os 10.6.8 with Safari 5.1.10

ehhhh sorry can you repeat that in English? LOL
__________________
Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-04-2014, 09:10 AM
billnvick billnvick is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,816
Default Re: No more automatic log on

Well, I have two offices at work (2 different buildings), an office in my home, and a windows tablet. I've clicked "Remember Me" on all four, and am auto-logged in on each one.
So, no problems here...
Bill
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-04-2014, 08:29 PM
caddywumpus caddywumpus is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,076
Default Re: No more automatic log on

Same problem here. Even clicking on the "remember me" button doesn't allow me to log in automatically. Typing in my user name and password every time isn't the end of the world, but it's puzzling as to why it used to work and now doesn't....
__________________
1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-04-2014, 10:27 PM
billnvick billnvick is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,816
Default Re: No more automatic log on

Just a thought here... for all of you guys who are having this problem... what browser are you using? IE? What version? We have a LOT of problems at school with websites that "used to work" for our teachers and staff members. Many times in these cases we've discovered they have the newest version of IE (11), in which case adding that particular website (in this case here, of course is vintagedrumforum.com) to the "compatibility settings" makes all the difference in the world. At least it's worth a try...
Bill


Quote:
Originally Posted by caddywumpus View Post
Same problem here. Even clicking on the "remember me" button doesn't allow me to log in automatically. Typing in my user name and password every time isn't the end of the world, but it's puzzling as to why it used to work and now doesn't....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign