Old 10-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Default Oct 11, 2007 - Crown Snare Drum Layout
Here is a vintage Crown Japanese Snare Drum. Suprisingly I was impressed with this drum as I photographed it. It is 10 lugs with decent hardware...

I purchased it just to photograph it and show the shell interior.

We get a lot of questions about Japanese Drums and I felt it worthy and important to give people a better understanding of the construction.

If any one wants this or the Star Japanese Snare drum let me know, they were both purchased just to photograph.

David

Last edited by Webmaster; 05-01-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Oct 11, 2007 - Crown Snare Drum Layout
Hi,

I have a crown bass drum and tom tom that are Tiger eye in color and have a blue round badge that says Crown Japan . Is that a rare color ???
Old 04-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Administrator

I can't say for sure, there were so many crazy finishes out there. It would be a less common color and the value would not be much greater then any other Crown from the same era.

David
Old 04-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to jonnistix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Vesa View Post
Hi,

I have a crown bass drum and tom tom that are Tiger eye in color and have a blue round badge that says Crown Japan . Is that a rare color ???
The wrap is called Fibre Gold Pearl. And although it is very hard to come by, I cannot call it "rare". These are MIJ, and very few exist in this wrap, but they are out there. Someone here has a complete set brought out about 6 months ago.
Let's try to keep the word "rare" to it's intended use. I call them hard to find, really hard to find, very few available, but not "rare"
Unless you are talking about the red ones, then they are not FGP, but more a Ruby Strata.
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603

Last edited by jonnistix; 04-20-2010 at 10:57 PM.