Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > For Sale

Old 01-16-2018, 02:27 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default What's with the low ballers ?

So, ever since i had my Ludwig Big Beat kit up for sale, i've been getting nothing but ridiculous offers, "maybe's", "is this or that included" and some pretty insulting figures, those of which i didn't even bother responding too. Is my asking price of not going lower than $1000 CDN for the kit plus a hi hat stand, new Atlas Standard, original double tom mount too much ? I even have new heads on the kit. I understand it's just after the holidays, but some of these idiots have no idea what they're looking at. I'm really compelled to put some of these clowns in their place, but my time is worth more than that. So, am i asking too much,
should i bend a little, or stand firm ? Thoughts/suggestions are appreciated. You can click the link to my ad..

Cheers,
Rob
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-drum-percuss...fer/1327047616
Old 01-16-2018, 02:51 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: What's with the low ballers ?

Interesting topic; I,ve made lots of enemies on forums by calling people out. Some are just so ignorant you wonder how they get through the day without getting hurt, but I have learned to "IGNORE" them. They are not worth the raise in your blood pressure.
I,ve been at this a long time so you need to relax..set a fair asking price with a little wiggle room...react positively when you are insulted, and you will be...politely respond with a "no thankyou"...Most importantly, don't feed the idiots, they come back for more if they sense they pushed your button...I think I'm better these days, but I'm in the process of selling off my gear as well...remember what mom said.

Play nice with the other kids"..good luck!
Old 01-16-2018, 03:05 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by human71 View Post
So, ever since i had my Ludwig Big Beat kit up for sale, i've been getting nothing but ridiculous offers, "maybe's", "is this or that included" and some pretty insulting figures, those of which i didn't even bother responding too. Is my asking price of not going lower than $1000 CDN for the kit plus a hi hat stand, new Atlas Standard, original double tom mount too much ? I even have new heads on the kit. I understand it's just after the holidays, but some of these idiots have no idea what they're looking at. I'm really compelled to put some of these clowns in their place, but my time is worth more than that. So, am i asking too much,
should i bend a little, or stand firm ? Thoughts/suggestions are appreciated. You can click the link to my ad..

Cheers,
Rob
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-drum-percuss...fer/1327047616
Time and energy is not worth it. You could have it priced at $50 and you'd have someone offering you $40.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislehberger View Post
Time and energy is not worth it. You could have it priced at $50 and you'd have someone offering you $40.
+ 1!!!!

Ludwig '67 Classic B.D.P.
Ludwig '79 Classic Pro-beat
C. A. F. '72 New Sonic "The Argentinean Ludwig"
A bunch of Ludwig snares..... + Dyna & P.Tone.

and always trying to recover some orphan drums!!
Old 02-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

I'll take it at $50.00 and pay the shipping.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

It sure looks like you priced it very reasonably, and showed prospective buyers that you not only truly know what you have, but that you love and respect your vintage drums. Any educated buyer would understand and respect your position. To many buyers, though, it’s all about the thrill of the hunt, and the eventual kill.

Ever held a garage sale? Advertise that it starts at 8:00am, and you’ll have these people pounding on your door at 6:30. Ever sold stuff at a flea market? You can have price tags of $50 on something, and they’ll offer you $10. They must smite you, the seller, to feel the victory they seek.

I kinda like buying stuff, but hate selling stuff. Mostly because of what you and others have experienced.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:01 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Every idiot wants to buy under wholesale , it’s usually the wholesalers that put it up for sale past your original price !
1967 obp holly wood

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family. E- bay gd1825
Old 01-16-2018, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

being from Canada also, I have found that kijiji is just entertainment for a good many.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:28 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Cool Re: What's with the low ballers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
being from Canada also, I have found that kijiji is just entertainment for a good many.
I concur!! There are some that just haggle with you until you both reach an agreeable amount and then, "Poof", buyer disappears...I think that haggling is their "high" and have no intention of buying at all...

Cheers
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1954 Rogers Classmate 4x13 snare
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
Old 01-17-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantro View Post
I concur!! There are some that just haggle with you until you both reach an agreeable amount and then, "Poof", buyer disappears...I think that haggling is their "high" and have no intention of buying at all...

Cheers
I have had this happen to me too. You negotiate and then the potential buyer never contacts you again. I wasted too much time chasing some schlub from PA recently who wanted to buy a speaker cabinet I'm selling for a friend. He wanted pictures-I sent them-then, nothing. I sent texts that said, "Do you want the cabinet or not." No answer. I gave up and we decided to pull the old Jensen speakers out, dump the cabinet and sell the speakers.
'67 Ludwig, Burgundy Sparkle, 12/13/16/22
'73 Slingerland, Sky Blue Pearl, 12/13/16/22
'72 Rogers, Oyster Black, 13/16/22
'70s Tempro, Red Grain Pearl, 12/14/14sn/20
Too many snares to list!

Author of the book, "Great Rock Drummers Of The Sixties."