Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Cymbals

Old 07-20-2019, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Default Re: New Stamp Old Ks

When I bought the cymbal there were no rivets present. Its actually difficult to find rivets that have a small enough diameter to fit the holes. So right now I only have one rivet hat fits. Id love to try installing rivets in all the holes. If anyone knows a source for very small diameter shafts on the rivets please let me know.

I have lots of sound files of me playing the cymbal since it has been my main ride for years. Ill try to remember to make a recording of the cymbal alone.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:37 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multijd View Post
When I bought the cymbal there were no rivets present. Its actually difficult to find rivets that have a small enough diameter to fit the holes. So right now I only have one rivet hat fits. Id love to try installing rivets in all the holes. If anyone knows a source for very small diameter shafts on the rivets please let me know.

I have lots of sound files of me playing the cymbal since it has been my main ride for years. Ill try to remember to make a recording of the cymbal alone.
Bosphorus Cymbals USA used to sell small copper rivets as an accessory item. I'm not sure if they still do or whether they will fit. They had a pretty small diameter though. Perhaps you can contact them.
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multijd View Post

Maybe not Home Depot or Lowe's, but a siding or gutter vendor and maybe roofing vendor or even a lumber yard that sells siding, they come in all different sizes and materials like Stainless, Copper, brass, steel Aluminum ect. I got tons of them floating around the bottom of my tool box. I have a Zildjian drilled for 8 and basic siding and roofing
1/8" rivets fit nice. 1/4 fit but very tight.

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i