Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > DRUM IMAGE GALLERY

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2017, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Default 1972 Fibes COF

Been a great year gig wise with the Sinatra Show, and have played many NEW venues! Was able to grab a few pics of the 1972 Fibes COF's after sound check at this absolutely beautiful Amphitheater we recently played. These are my SMALLER Fibes COF's!, and not the larger 1967/68 Buddy Rich Fibes COF set, although still in the BR configuration. Specs on these are:

14X20
8X12
16X14 (RARE!)
16X16
5.5X14 SFT690 in Black FiVel

This set was built right at the beginning of the CFMartin ownership of Fibes, and as such, I have never seen interiors finished this way! ALL interiors are black, except that the molded re-rings are white! The 16X14 floor tom was a special order and is a 1st generation build out with the NATURAL fiberglass interior. These drums being a little smaller than the Buddy Rich's still speak LARGE! They have been a BLAST to play!, and are incredibly dynamic and extremely articulate in their note. I'll attach a couple more pics in the next post of the interior build out/finish, and a couple other views of the set. Hope you might ENJOY!

Tommyp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	72Fibes_11a.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	111828  

Last edited by Tommyp; 08-26-2017 at 06:48 PM.