Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 03-21-2020, 11:12 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Video Tour

Here's a little update on my Ludwig kit, ya, I still have it. I bought a new 19" Armand Zildjian cymbal today, it has 3 rivets and says it's a ride, but it also works as a crash. I haven't bought a new cymbal in several years, so it's a pretty big deal for me, enjoy.
Use headphones responsible.

Last edited by johnnyringo; 03-22-2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:41 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Video Tour

Nice. I'm glad you haven't parted with these beauties. We're on total lock down here in Jersey. I'm glad all my drums are right here at home.
'67 Ludwig, Burgundy Sparkle, 12/13/16/22
'73 Slingerland, Sky Blue Pearl, 12/13/16/22
'72 Slingerland, Red Tiger Pearl, 12/13/16/16/22
'74 Slingerland Gold Sparkle, 13/14/18/24
'72 Rogers, Black Strata, 13/16/22
'60's Stewart, Gold Glass Glitter, 12/13/16/22
'00's Tama Swingstar, White Satin Flame, 12/13/16/22

Author, "Great Rock Drummers Of The Sixties."
Old 03-22-2020, 12:37 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Ya, I know you guys are getting hit pretty hard up there. They've closed all bars and you can only get take out at the restaurants down here, but no total lockdown yet. I hope it doesn't get to that point. It's funny, all the tp is gone, but gas prices have gone down to under $1.50 a gallon and they're saying it may go under a buck, a lot of good that does if you can't go anywhere.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Oh!
Is that the Armand "Beautiful Baby" 19?
Great, great cymbal....I love it!
Old 03-22-2020, 09:34 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Thanks for the cool vid, it's a nice little distraction, and boy, do we need distractions right now! Glad you still have that kit, it looks very nice.

Our lockdown in NYC isn't to draconian. We can still be out, but they just don't want us out in groups for the most part. I've never in my 60 years seen the city so quiet, it's eerie. You can sense something is very wrong, but you can't actually see it. Strange and spooky. I've been getting in my car and just driving, because I've never seen the streets so quiet of traffic. There is no place to really go, no destinations, just driving for the sake of the freedom. Again, eerie. Sunday morning, Churches are closed, no Mass for the first time in our history, and yes, again, feels very strange, and just wrong. It is Lent and Easter is coming. We mustn't forget God in all of this. Me and my wife brought dinner to the priests of my parish last night, and had to leave it at the door because one of the priests is positive and they are locked down. Soooo eeerie!!!

I think when all is said and done, we will look back at this as an unprecedented time in history. We will likely never be the same. Things we took for granted may never be again. The ramifications will be felt for years to come. Maybe we can come out better than before, a more God fearing people, more appreciative of friends and family and maybe we can just enjoy the simpler things of life or just enjoy living for the sake of being alive without all the stuff we put in the way. That's my hope anyway. Sorry for the ramble folks, cabin fever I guess.

Be well, God Bless!
Old 03-22-2020, 05:32 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Here's my drum interpretation of what is happening in the world. It starts off normal and in time, then slowly starts to derail until there's total kaos, then slowly trys to return to hopefully a normal and in time world.
Use headphones responsible.

Last edited by johnnyringo; 03-22-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Cool, those sound great .
Here's hoping that you're analogy is coming back soon
Old 03-25-2020, 10:00 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Nice work and a great theme Mark. Thanks for posting it. Drums sound great too - nice and open. Hopefully that signals the reopening of homes and businesses and the downfall of Covid-19 very soon.