Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 05-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Camco - what might this be worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall View Post
Osahead2 is wrong, it`s cataloged as I see it there, it don`t have to have a FT.
Osa is just muddying the waters which rarely works as there are plenty of vintage guys (& gals) out there who know better and just ignore what he's saying.

It doesn't matter that the FT's not there. What he's right about is that the half-a$$ed CL auction will probably collapse & end up on ebay in the near future (if seller's gotten any smarter through this).

'66 Ludwig Bronze Lacquer Mist 12/Pioneer/20 (looking for 14" Club Date floor tom)
'65 Ludwig Down Beat BDP 12/14/SUPRA/20
'66 Ludwig Down Beat BDP 12/14/20
Rogers Cleveland BDP 12/14/18 ~ Detailing
Rogers BDP Dynasonic
Dynacord ADD-ONE + ADD-DRIVE
Old 05-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyedwards View Post
Ah... no worries. I don't need another kit. He originally had them up for 225.00

I don't scour craigslist daily. But, I did see these. Thought that it didn't have the floor tom so it would be a no go for me. Rethought it and decided to seek some more advice here. That's what this place is for, at least I thought it was. Anyhow, I've moved on.

-Doug
You think I'm not being helpful when in fact all I'm saying is do not attach the link or say where it's located. Just give details, few as possible.

'66 Ludwig Bronze Lacquer Mist 12/Pioneer/20 (looking for 14" Club Date floor tom)
Rogers BDP Dynasonic
Old 05-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
You think I'm not being helpful when in fact all I'm saying is do not attach the link or say where it's located. Just give details, few as possible.
This is true, a greedy flipper will drop 1,700 and flip it for 2,500, not caring if it goes to a parts guy ,collector, or the right guy.

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Old 05-19-2017, 04:51 AM
Advanced Member

Guys, what I am saying is the more rounded style bass drum mounts and rounded post top are from the L.A. era which these drums are likely from... so what's wrong with that?

I have owned a lot of Camco drum sets and I have never seen a Oaklawn era bass drum with a rounded bass drum mount factory installed... only L.A. era.

And I'm 99.9% right saying this CL listing is probably not going to sell due to the interference or education the seller received... the seller now wants more money (okay no problem) but now he's going about it all wrong... which these types of "oh, I just got educated" listings never goes well in the end.

Fyi: I offered him $3,000 cash for the two drums and he wouldn't take it because he said he holding out for higher? Well without a matching 14x14 FT that's about as high I'll go for a L.A. era.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall View Post
Osahead2 is wrong, it`s cataloged as I see it there, it don`t have to have a FT.
Yes, kits were originally sold back in the day without FT's but honestly who today in 2017 would actually buy a high dollar vintage Camco kit without a FT?

Only a very small group would buy a three pc kit because more then likely they (like me) see this kit not being complete... missing a drum...
Old 05-19-2017, 05:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Osa is just muddying the waters which rarely works as there are plenty of vintage guys (& gals) out there who know better and just ignore what he's saying.

It doesn't matter that the FT's not there. What he's right about is that the half-a$$ed CL auction will probably collapse & end up on ebay in the near future (if seller's gotten any smarter through this).
Thanks bro, I appreciate your confidence in me. I can sleep better now.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:27 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osahead2 View Post
Thanks bro, I appreciate your confidence in me. I can sleep better now.
Relax. Sure you know your camco. Can't believe 3k didn't take it. Hope he comes back & sells it to you as that's gotta be fair.

Chris

Rogers BDP Dynasonic
Old 05-19-2017, 07:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to seantdrums

When you see a kit like this as stated you jump and just buy it. This guy clearly didnt have a clue. I just offer as low as possible get the address and load it up before the seller even gets an education.

Last edited by seantdrums; 05-19-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Relax. Sure you know your camco. Can't believe 3k didn't take it. Hope he comes back & sells it to you as that's gotta be fair.

Chris
I'm not mad or upset.

Just about every vintage Camco bop kit is extremely exciting to me BUT you know what... I move on quickly... and I find something else Camco to buy and just like Shark Tank... I'm out... I withdrawn my offer.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:52 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osahead2 View Post
I'm not mad or upset.

Just about every vintage Camco bop kit is extremely exciting to me BUT you know what... I move on quickly... and I find something else Camco to buy and just like Shark Tank... I'm out... I withdrawn my offer.
No prob. I'd withdraw offer too. Still should put the thing on ebay ... Happy hunting!

Rogers BDP Dynasonic