Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Old 12-31-2015, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Where is introduction part of forum?

From one new member to another, welcome!
Old 03-16-2016, 06:55 PM

Hi all,
Newbie from Southern Illinois here... Had a set of vintage ludwigs, but sadly sold it many years ago! (Wish I wouldnt have!) Anyhoo I am saving up to buy some older snare to start a collection.... Thanks for having me
Old 04-26-2016, 10:17 PM

Hi, I came over from another forum and recognize a lot of names here. I play mostly Ludwigs (1978 black cortex 6-ply, 2006 green sparkle CMs, Supras, BBs, Acros). Thanks for having me.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:56 AM

Hi everyone,
A newbie from Sweden here. I came into the world of drumming from the recording angle, I run a small 60's-70's technology studio and wanted a drum kit in the house for others to play. Long story short, here I am a couple of years later insanely obsessed with playing jazz and psychedelic stuff myself, haha. Play every day and must remind myself to hit the tape every now and then.
I went through a few kits in search of the perfect sound and ended up with a Camco Oaklawn, a Rogers Holiday, and a humble english Rogers from the mid sixties. Surely that's enough.....right...?

Anyway, this seems like a great place to learn a thing or two.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:34 AM

Hello, everyone! As my name would indicate, I'm a Ludwig fan. I was "luddite" on another forum. I came up with my current name thanks to a gentleman on my previous forum who was NOT a fan of Ludwig and was getting tired of all of the Ludwig related threads. He referred to the Ludwig fans as "luddyhuggers." I thought that that was pretty brilliant, so I used "Unabashed Luddyhugger" for my signature!
I currently own a 70's three ply 14/16/18/24 that I re-wrapped and also a Epic X-Over Striped 12/14/22 with matching snare that I converted into an e-kit for my church gig. I also play guitar and bass, but drums are my first love and my home. Great to be here, I'll behave and try to be a positive addition to this forum. Cheers!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:47 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by luddyhugger View Post
Hello, everyone! As my name would indicate, I'm a Ludwig fan. I was "luddite" on another forum. I came up with my current name thanks to a gentleman on my previous forum who was NOT a fan of Ludwig and was getting tired of all of the Ludwig related threads. He referred to the Ludwig fans as "luddyhuggers." I thought that that was pretty brilliant, so I used "Unabashed Luddyhugger" for my signature!
I currently own a 70's three ply 14/16/18/24 that I re-wrapped and also a Epic X-Over Striped 12/14/22 with matching snare that I converted into an e-kit for my church gig. I also play guitar and bass, but drums are my first love and my home. Great to be here, I'll behave and try to be a positive addition to this forum. Cheers!
I remember that at the DFO HAHA ! pull up a seat talk ludwig all ya want to !
Old 04-29-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagemore2000 View Post
I remember that at the DFO HAHA ! pull up a seat talk ludwig all ya want to !
Great to be here! I see a lot of "familiar faces," yours included. An awful lot of "luddyhuggers" as well, so I feel right at home!