Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Old 05-18-2017, 10:28 PM
Advanced Member

Default Re: What is wrong with today's youth ?

I'd say it kind of goes both ways to a degree. Most of the times I've been with friends who have been on the end of racist remarks or behaviour it's come from the older generations. I distinctly remember being at a pub and giving my mate a bit of trash talk as we were watching his footy team losing an important match and he responded by telling me where to go. An older woman and her partner walked over and said "I'm surprised... I've never witnessed anyone like THAT..." and looks at my friend who is of colour, "say anything like ThAT to someone like YOU!" and then looks at me. Disgusting. My mate teed off on her and told her to go back to her cotton farm, among other things.

At the end of the day, there are obnoxious, racist, violent, ignorant and stupid people in all ages and across all demographics. It's a part of life...
Old 05-19-2017, 11:32 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressRoll View Post
I am a millennial.
I am ashamed of the overall millennial generation perception.
I agree that something needs to change.
I am thankful I had good parents that taught me not to be a victim and take responsibility for my actions.
I can only hope to instill these values into my children to try and break the cycle.
AWESOME Sir!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2017, 03:44 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaremania View Post
AWESOME Sir!!!!!!
So very right!!!
Brian
- writer, author : "Swan Song in Puerto Vallarta", "The Bouncer" (all online retailers such as Amazon.com, etc.)