Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2017, 12:53 PM
barryp101 barryp101 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Question $50 Rogers Drum set? sell has one picture and I dont know if its vintage.

I have been looking to get into the Vintage scene for a while now and I know that Rogers is a big name for that! I found this kit for sale and the seller knows nothing about it and cant get to it to take more pictures. I was wondering if some one could help me identify what year this kit is and if its even "vintage". Attached is the picture of the kit (sorry its a bad picture)

Thanks!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171023-124536.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	113338  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-23-2017, 01:14 PM
mchair303 mchair303 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,807
Default Re: $50 Rogers Drum set? sell has one picture and I dont know if its vintage.

Barry,

That is NOT a vintage Rogers kit. That is a modern, inexpensive import kit that has nothing to do with the vintage Rogers company except for the name. When Rogers USA went out of business, the Rogers name was sold to a few different companies who produced inferior drums.

I'd say that the import "Rogers" kit you posted is probably worth $50 to a beginner drummer, but if you're looking to own a "real" vintage Rogers kit, hang around this forum for a while and learn a bit more about vintage drums.

to the forum!

Mike
__________________
-No Guru... still learning more every day-
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-23-2017, 02:02 PM
barryp101 barryp101 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Default Re: $50 Rogers Drum set? sell has one picture and I dont know if its vintage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchair303 View Post
Barry,

That is NOT a vintage Rogers kit. That is a modern, inexpensive import kit that has nothing to do with the vintage Rogers company except for the name. When Rogers USA went out of business, the Rogers name was sold to a few different companies who produced inferior drums.

I'd say that the import "Rogers" kit you posted is probably worth $50 to a beginner drummer, but if you're looking to own a "real" vintage Rogers kit, hang around this forum for a while and learn a bit more about vintage drums.

to the forum!

Mike
Mike,
Thank you for the quick reply!! I'm very excited to learn more about the world of vintage drums!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-24-2017, 01:52 AM
Dan Boucher Dan Boucher is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,220
Default Re: $50 Rogers Drum set? sell has one picture and I dont know if its vintage.

Another on-the-money response from mchair303!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-24-2017, 08:43 AM
ardrummer ardrummer is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 545
Default Re: $50 Rogers Drum set? sell has one picture and I dont know if its vintage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryp101 View Post
I have been looking to get into the Vintage scene for a while now and I know that Rogers is a big name for that! I found this kit for sale and the seller knows nothing about it and cant get to it to take more pictures. I was wondering if some one could help me identify what year this kit is and if its even "vintage". Attached is the picture of the kit (sorry its a bad picture)

Thanks!!!!
Like the others said...this isn't vintage. Some things to look for in the future that will help narrow down if a kit is vintage or not:

Tom mounts: Any rim mount (hoop isolation mounts) on the toms are one thing that indicates a newer kit (unless for some reason someone put them on some vintage drums)

Lugs: drum lugs will tell you alot (many vintage Rogers kits have beaver tail lugs). There were a few newer kits that have the beaver tail replica lugs, but not many.
Also, vintage USA made kits will have 8 to 10 lugs on the kick drum. Some vintage MIJ kits had 6 lugs.

Hopefully this will help you in the future....this forum is great to help you figure things out!

Last edited by ardrummer; 10-24-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-25-2017, 03:44 PM
mchair303 mchair303 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,807
Default Re: $50 Rogers Drum set? sell has one picture and I dont know if its vintage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryp101 View Post
Mike,
Thank you for the quick reply!! I'm very excited to learn more about the world of vintage drums!
Barry,

We're glad to help you out with any questions, but if you want to dive into some vintage drum knowledge and identification, start exploring here:

www.vintagedrumguide.com

But warning, vintage drums can become addictive and may by harmful to your wallet.

Mike
__________________
-No Guru... still learning more every day-
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-26-2017, 01:08 PM
hardbat hardbat is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 180
Default Re: $50 Rogers Drum set? sell has one picture and I dont know if its vintage.

Man, that thing even looks cheesy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rogers , vintage

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign