Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 05:38 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Dig this

Now I am a very cautious man at 65, now a days , so this snare comes up wmp 64 cob hoops to go with my 64 kit and it on the bay and reverb so I contact this guy and just want as much info as I can get and the date is a match so I deal get it for 420 shipped now the communication started on the bay and moved to reverb so he said I'm wushu washyy and after I pay he said I'm not selling the drum to you . Now am I really that far off base its different if your buying to flip but to pair up with my wmp 64 super it should be a very special experienced oh well life goes on geez it takes all kind and during Holy Week that's what I get for wanting something lol any one hear of Williams street drum works?
1967 obp holly wood

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family. E- bay gd1825

Last edited by jaghog; 03-23-2016 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:56 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Dig this

It could be he has gotten burned with a buyers remorse before. It happens.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:04 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

As with me so either the drum was not what he-said or what ever , it suck price was right I could of dealt with any flaws as long as they were miner it would been the completion of a very special kit��
1967 obp holly wood

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family. E- bay gd1825

Last edited by jaghog; 03-22-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:18 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

I bid on a Wine-Red Ripple Powertone a few years ago...won the auction but not the reserve. He relisted. And also listed the set it came with. The set was trashed. I asked for more specific pictures than were in the auction. He got testy because the condition of the set and the few pictures he posted of the snare were so vastly apart in condition. I wanted more pictures. He cancelled my bid and blocked me. It did not make reserve. Third time up... he blocked me. Someone else bought it. A few days after the sale completed......... the buyer contacted me.
I now have that drum. I got lucky. Just who pays 800 for a drum that is going to someone else, and you don't know when you do it.... the someone else is going to buy it? I was lucky the end buyer knew my story, and did me a huge, huge favor.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:21 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Yes I know it's a sad affair sort like rub it in Ha ha I changed my mind and you can't have it...kids geez
1967 obp holly wood

Old 03-22-2016, 06:30 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Maybe I should try a downbeat snare as in this old movie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	97037  
1967 obp holly wood

Old 03-22-2016, 06:32 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Here's a video of a wmp super with down beat maybe it s a down beat kit went by to fast
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	97038  
1967 obp holly wood

Old 03-22-2016, 08:03 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaghog View Post
Maybe I should try a downbeat snare as in this old movie
See if you can get two! I want one as well...
Old 03-22-2016, 08:12 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

That's very cool to bad I did not get a better pic
1967 obp holly wood

Old 03-22-2016, 08:29 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Send a message via AIM to thisbright14

Not that I need to publicly defend myself--I'll let my selling feedback on eBay and reverb, as well as my relationships with countless fellow forum members and customers do that, but:

Anytime someone turns me off so much with their written communication and "tone" regarding an item I have for sale, repeatedly telling me (with no punctuation or basic sentence structure mind you) how a 52 year old drum I'm selling needs to be "pristine" to match their "minty" drum set, saying things like "let's see how low you'll go" (on price) and "will I be disappointed?" (after telling me cash is tight)--all the while apparently refusing to read the item description where all flaws are clearly outlined, I reserve the right to avoid the obvious hassles that dealing with said customer will likely bring me. "Will I be disappointed?" being sent immediately after paying, to me means "I'm looking for reasons to get money back on this deal before I even see the drum"---at this point I cancelled the transaction and made it very simple by refunding ALL the money up front and keeping the drum.

My gut is pretty good on these things after 16 years of dealing with people around the world buying, selling, trading, and restoring vintage drums. The fact that said customer immediately took to the forum to air this, painting me as the bad guy publicly, shows that I did the right thing in avoiding this transaction.

I'd like to thank everyone on here who I have had the pleasure to get to know and deal with over the years. My membership here has been invaluable and I really appreciate all the wisdom and general positivity. I won't let one bad apple ruin that for me.

-Adam
Closed Thread