Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-24-2017, 03:23 AM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is online now
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,738
Default JP2creations off line...or out of business

Anyone try logging into to jp2creations recently? Using Firefox, I get the following... Not Authorized to View This Page [CFN #0004]

Here's what I get with Internet Explorer... The website declined to show this webpage

Let me know what you get!

Maybe I should just give Jim a call and see what's up!

-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-24-2017, 03:43 AM
Dan Boucher Dan Boucher is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,335
Default Re: JP2creations off line...or out of business

I got the same messages Mark. I'm thinking, with the Maxwell 'L' arms and the new Rogers drum company on the lugs, he may have decided it wouldn't be profitable to continue. There were reports of him being difficult to deal with and people may have stopped ordering in quantities that made it worthwhile. I never got around to trying to order anything, though on an occasion or two I thought about getting some of the long floor tom legs suitable for Rogers 14x14 floor toms.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-24-2017, 10:30 AM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is online now
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,738
Default Re: JP2creations off line...or out of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Boucher View Post
I got the same messages Mark. I'm thinking, with the Maxwell 'L' arms and the new Rogers drum company on the lugs, he may have decided it wouldn't be profitable to continue. There were reports of him being difficult to deal with and people may have stopped ordering in quantities that made it worthwhile. I never got around to trying to order anything, though on an occasion or two I thought about getting some of the long floor tom legs suitable for Rogers 14x14 floor toms.
Hi Dan!

You may be right about that. I've done business with Jim for many years and have had fairly long phone conversations with him. We always got along well together, but I have also heard that others did not. If the website stays the same for another few days, I may give Jim a call and see if I can find out what's up.

-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-27-2017, 04:45 PM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is online now
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,738
Default Re: JP2creations off line...or out of business

Made a call to Jim Petty to let him know his website was offline. Jim had no idea there were issues! Had a nice 50 minute phone conversation and talked about all kinds of drum related things, including the state of vintage drums and reproduction parts.

Just checked his website and it's back up!

-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-27-2017, 05:03 PM
vintagemore2000 vintagemore2000 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,568
Default Re: JP2creations off line...or out of business

Well done Mark, I like Jim alot. Have spoken with him many times on the phone myself, Have bought a good number of parts from him as well.
__________________
Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-27-2017, 06:47 PM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is online now
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,738
Default Re: JP2creations off line...or out of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagemore2000 View Post
Well done Mark, I like Jim alot. Have spoken with him many times on the phone myself, Have bought a good number of parts from him as well.
Hi vm2k!

Yes, Jim and I get along really well...hence the 50 minute conversation! Glad I made him aware of the website issue.

-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-28-2017, 06:32 AM
Dan Boucher Dan Boucher is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,335
Default Re: JP2creations off line...or out of business

Good to go on that Mark. Thanks for checking it out. Good too for the fact that nowadays the phone plans allow for nation-wide calling. Back when these vintage drums were made, it would have cost a whole lot just to make the call!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-29-2017, 01:09 PM
Drumsforever Drumsforever is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Butler County, OH
Posts: 40
Default Re: JP2creations off line...or out of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
Hi vm2k!

Yes, Jim and I get along really well...hence the 50 minute conversation! Glad I made him aware of the website issue.

-Mark
When you go to: http://www.jp2creations.com/
Here is the message in Google Chrome "Not Authorized to View This Page [CFN #0004]"

In IE it displays this message: "The website declined to show this webpage"
__________________
USA DRUMS FOREVER!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-29-2017, 03:56 PM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is online now
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,738
Default Re: JP2creations off line...or out of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsforever View Post
When you go to: http://www.jp2creations.com/
Here is the message in Google Chrome "Not Authorized to View This Page [CFN #0004]"

In IE it displays this message: "The website declined to show this webpage"
Thanks for that heads up! Yes, it's doing it again! That was the original message I was getting. After talking with Jim, it appeared he got it fixed and I was able to get to his website. It's down again! Looks like another call to let Jim know!

-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-29-2017, 04:01 PM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is online now
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,738
Default Re: JP2creations off line...or out of business

Just talked to Jim and let him know that it's down again! He's not too happy with his website provider and is calling them again.

-Mark
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign