Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Cymbals

Old 07-16-2018, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Old Man Rant: How hard is it to spell cymbal?

I got into a flame war with a poster that basically wrote a 1800 character paragraph in the WaPo a few months back.
It was for all intents and purpose, a black page.

When I pointed out the need for paragraphs ,I was told they were a teacher and needed all 1800 characters to make their point.

I rewrote part the post by removing some of the redundancies and made the point with quite a few less characters.

Case in point from my post:

I'm a teacher (not saying where). I teach 8th grade and I can tell you that when I started teaching 20 years ago. 113 characters including spaces

I'm a teacher that has taught 8th grade for the past 20 years. 62 characters including spaces.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:14 PM
Contributing Member

guys, from the point of view might also be right that the society through the public school to move forward a donkey that writes bad words, you can also consider him the village idiot and laugh about it, always better than do not let it go and keep in society one who is still a donkey but remains frustrated and marginalized, then maybe up to dangerous, the important thing is that in the future they will do so that they do not hold important positions in society, since they do not even know how to write

because instead the private school donkeys go on by giving the rolex and dinners to the teachers, always donkeys remain and go on, and they too are dangerous, and they do everything to not be discovered, surely they will write all the words correctly
Old 07-16-2018, 11:09 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by steff View Post
guys, from the point of view might also be right that the society through the public school to move forward a donkey that writes bad words, you can also consider him the village idiot and laugh about it, always better than do not let it go and keep in society one who is still a donkey but remains frustrated and marginalized, then maybe up to dangerous, the important thing is that in the future they will do so that they do not hold important positions in society, since they do not even know how to write

because instead the private school donkeys go on by giving the rolex and dinners to the teachers, always donkeys remain and go on, and they too are dangerous, and they do everything to not be discovered, surely they will write all the words correctly

Ummm.....what? I think something is lost in translation here.......
Old 07-16-2018, 11:10 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm554 View Post
I got into a flame war with a poster that basically wrote a 1800 character paragraph in the WaPo a few months back.
It was for all intents and purpose, a black page.

When I pointed out the need for paragraphs ,I was told they were a teacher and needed all 1800 characters to make their point.

I rewrote part the post by removing some of the redundancies and made the point with quite a few less characters.

Case in point from my post:

I'm a teacher (not saying where). I teach 8th grade and I can tell you that when I started teaching 20 years ago. 113 characters including spaces

I'm a teacher that has taught 8th grade for the past 20 years. 62 characters including spaces.
Again.....what?? I think you removed the point on this one here.....
Old 07-16-2018, 11:29 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Is now a good time to bring up how much it kills me that people can't say/spell/type out Slingerland or Ludwig?
Is it that difficult?
So much THIS!

If you're going to type out "Luddy" That's five letters. Ludwig is six. Seriously. Too much effort to type one extra letter?

What's next? Grtsch and Rgers? What about Tma or Perl?
Old 07-16-2018, 11:30 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig-dude View Post
Again.....what?? I think you removed the point on this one here.....
Maybe he got the donkey before the horse.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:33 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Don't forget the "16 piece drum set" that comes with two toms, bass, snare, 2 sticks, hi stand, low stand, leg thingy, felt pad, 3 books, stick bag, peddle and key.

That all adds up to 16 pieces, right?
Old 07-17-2018, 12:08 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig-dude View Post
Ummm.....what? I think something is lost in translation here.......

yes, sorry for my english ^_^

you have a donkey to handle, what do you do not give him the diploma? maybe he's just proud of his slang, I would rather have in society a happy donkey that is easily identifiable rather than one that he has bought the title of studies much more dangerous because then they are also qualified to cover roles in society for which they do not possess real skills, you can not easily identify them because it definitely uses the spelling checker very carefully
Old 07-17-2018, 12:39 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by steff View Post
yes, sorry for my english ^_^

you have a donkey to handle, what do you do not give him the diploma? maybe he's just proud of his slang, I would rather have in society a happy donkey that is easily identifiable rather than one that he has bought the title of studies much more dangerous because then they are also qualified to cover roles in society for which they do not possess real skills, you can not easily identify them because it definitely uses the spelling checker very carefully
The problem here is that this "donkey" gets a vote just like all the other asses.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:53 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyacheslav View Post
Don't forget the "16 piece drum set" that comes with two toms, bass, snare, 2 sticks, hi stand, low stand, leg thingy, felt pad, 3 books, stick bag, peddle and key.

That all adds up to 16 pieces, right?
I've seen this many times and always find it amusing!

-Mark