Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-16-2016, 02:25 PM
ARCHxANGEL ARCHxANGEL is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Monroe,CT
Posts: 1,651
Default Re: Floating Feet

I have the Pearl version on my session kit. I think for some drums they do make a difference. But I haven't run out and redone all my kits with floating feet. But for the few dollars it's worth grabbing a pack and giving them a go.
__________________
18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-16-2016, 02:41 PM
Brewkowski Brewkowski is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Galveston County, Tx
Posts: 1,039
Default Re: Floating Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
I've never tried those floating feet.
I'll have to check them out sometime.
Can't go wrong with them. They will really open up the tone on you floor tom!
__________________
-Justin

"People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different."- Bob Ross

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music..." - Aldous Huxley
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-16-2016, 02:49 PM
Olimpass Olimpass is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Windy City Suburb
Posts: 1,012
Default Re: Floating Feet

All the ones I've checked out online (Gibraltar) were for 10.5 mm legs. Another ad said they fit a few sizes...9.5 mm to 12. something...I wonder which is it? I mean, will they fit a few sizes? The 10.5 mm?

Wait..I don't think I have anything over 10.5 and I guess I could wrap some tape and shove one on if I had to.
I guess I kept typing 'til I thought of a solution...lol.

Last edited by Olimpass; 10-16-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-16-2016, 03:16 PM
FFR428 FFR428 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CT.
Posts: 5,350
Default Re: Floating Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
All the ones I've checked out online (Gibraltar) were for 10.5 mm legs. Another ad said they fit a few sizes...9.5 mm to 12. something...I wonder which is it? I mean, will they fit a few sizes? The 10.5 mm?

Wait..I don't think I have anything over 10.5 and I guess I could wrap some tape and shove one on if I had to.
I guess I kept typing 'til I thought of a solution...lol.
They do stretch out a bit if needed. I have them on Rogers hex floor tom legs and also a few Slingerlands. Smallest I have them on is some 1/8" round bar bass spurs for a pair of clip on's. But I did need some tape on those to take up extra space. I've done a few A/B tests with and without. to me they make a huge difference vs original or missing rubber tips.
__________________
Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-16-2016, 04:35 PM
Olimpass Olimpass is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Windy City Suburb
Posts: 1,012
Default Re: Floating Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHxANGEL View Post
I have the Pearl version on my session kit. I think for some drums they do make a difference. But I haven't run out and redone all my kits with floating feet. But for the few dollars it's worth grabbing a pack and giving them a go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewkowski View Post
Can't go wrong with them. They will really open up the tone on you floor tom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR428 View Post
They do stretch out a bit if needed. I have them on Rogers hex floor tom legs and also a few Slingerlands. Smallest I have them on is some 1/8" round bar bass spurs for a pair of clip on's. But I did need some tape on those to take up extra space. I've done a few A/B tests with and without. to me they make a huge difference vs original or missing rubber tips.
Thanks much for all input and replies!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-21-2016, 09:48 AM
geckobeats geckobeats is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,163
Default Re: Floating Feet

I don't think its quite as simple as DW owning Gretsch and Gibraltar, and LP for that matter. I think its actually more of a matter that GEWA owns the lot, or at least owns a huge share in each of the companies bringing them into one stable.
__________________
40's Slingerland Radio King WMP
60's Ludwig Downbeat Silver Spark
70's Ludwig Super Classic White Marine
60's Gretsch RB Champaigne Spark
70's Rogers Big R Black
90's Sonor Hilite (Red maple)
00's DW Collectors Broken Glass
00's DW Jazz Series Tangerine Glass
10's DW Collectors (Acrylic) Matt Black Wrap
10's PDP Concept Wood Hoop kit (Maple)
Proud ambassador of the British Drum Company
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-21-2016, 04:20 PM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,116
Default Re: Floating Feet

I had an extra set of the Pearl "air suspension" feet and put them on my 1994 Slingerland HSS kit. The floor tom sings...and gets a little extra height from the design of the rubber!

-Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1162.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	103733  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign