Old 12-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Contributing Member

Default Re: Australian Collectors Group
Gidday
Mate Im in Perth got a 1975 Kenny Clare made of African Mahogany for sale. 22", 13", 16", 14" x 5" Hi Fi brushed ali snare, complete kit in rosewood lacquer. Beech reo rings all bearing edges are as new comes with bass drum cymbal stand, lockfast hi hat & cymbal stands, original 70s bass pedal with leather & sheep skin beater & tractor style stool along with the original bass drum mounted cow bell mount. The snare stand is at the inlaws in the UK at the mo but will be here early 2010. I have 70s Ludwig kits as well & are addicted to vintage drums. Give me your number mate I will ring you, have knocked off for the year waiting for santa to bring me a 70s Bonham set up, our beer is cold here & I love talking drums !

Last edited by Dno; 06-07-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Advanced Member

Hello,
I used to live in Perth.
When I left for the U.K. many years ago I left my Rogers Big R XP8 with a friend who disappeared off the face of the earth.
My fault I know. So I guess it's floating around W.A. somewhere. It's cherry wood colour.
The good news is I now have a 60's holiday rogers I acquired through this site.
Good luck with the Collectors group. Next time I'm in town I'll look you up.

Blonkins.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

Newbie in Sydney...
Hi all... Pommie (please don't hit me) living in Sydney here...Just wanted to say hi to the Australian contingent of the forum. Any of you Aussies out there and on here...get in touch maybe we can help each other out.
Anyway take it easy and happy drumming
Tony
Old 05-02-2010, 08:11 PM

I'm not an Australian but I do think a new message board for you guys is diffenitly a good idea. I mean you can talk drums until your blue in the face and it will help us Americans as well if one of you guys come up with a new way to fix a snare or other drum you can let us know. Oh and BTW I kind of have a soft spot for Aussies I worked with them when I was a young Marine.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Grefal, I spotted your posts about your lovely blue sparkle Rogers set and the pic of your Powertone snare. I have the exact same Rogers Cleveland set and also with the Powertone and Dynasonic snares. I guess my kit is the Australian brother to yours. Only difference is my set has the 14" floor tom (20,12,14) I have all the matching hardware too, I've never seen or heard of another kit like it here in Australia. Any other Aussies here have Rogers drums they'd like to show us?
Cheers.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Contributing Member

Hey Josh ...would you post pics of your kit? Used to play a lovely old Rogers when I was in the UK...had a great sound.
Tony
Old 05-12-2010, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

Righto, lets see if this will work.....

This is my Rogers Holiday kit made in Cleaveland Ohio around 1965. It's a 20,12,14 Buddy Rich Headliner set with an early 7 line Dyna-sonic snare shown. Since these pics I have added a matching blue sparkle Powertone snare, lovely. I purchase all the matching hardware seperately. I took these shots during a recording session in 2008. I love playing this kit, sounds a LOT bigger than the sizes suggest.
Any one else care to share pics of their US drums in Oz?
Attached Thumbnails
Old 05-13-2010, 04:13 AM

Cool kit Josh
Love the wrap.Here's a pic of my pride and joy!
1970 Slingy 13,16,22 WMP.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Old 05-13-2010, 05:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to steve gibson
Hi Dave from Perth, I'm Steve from Fremantle , this is my first reply as I'm a brand new member, I'd be happy to join an Australian Collectors Group , I've just completed my first restoration of a vintage Prem and am always keen to hear what else is out there and what old kits have made there way here over the years.
I've tried to attach a before and after shot of the kit but its failed , i'll give it another go sometime.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

Hi Steve from Fremantle and welcome to the forum. There is a sticky thread in the General Questions and Topics forum on how to shrink photo's down to the rights size so you can post them here. It works well using photo shop. Pictures need to be 100K or less. Hope this helps.
Lets see some more vintage drums in Oz!