Old 10-14-2015, 06:38 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default For Sale: Ludwig Acrolite w' Imperial Lugs
This is a like new 8 lug 5x14 Black Galaxy Acrolite (Blacro) with original Imperial lugs(Supraphonic). I have another just like it with close serial number to this one that also has the Imperial lugs. This one came to me completely original. Since it had the nicer lugs, I decided to spruce it up a bit with a nice earlier black face 12 hole P85 strainer. I think it goes well with the finish and the lugs. The shell is beautiful. It is dent and scratch free. The hardware looks great as well. Has original Ludwig Ensemble batter head and original Ludwig X Thin clear snare side head. Also has original Ludwig script logo 20 strand wires. I installed new cords in place of the original white straps. All original tension rods and washers present. Large round knob mufflers works perfectly. Serial number is 6254254. These are the same seamless shells as the very popular Supraphonic. It sounds as good as it looks. Has been completely detailed and is ready for action. Maybe a better pic or two tomorrow. My usual photo spot had too much sunset! Please pm me here or email to mikelayton@bellsouth.net if you have any questions.

SOLD $ 175 Shipped and Insured US48. Actual shipping costs anywhere else. Thanks!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by mlayton; 10-15-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:29 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: For Sale: Ludwig Acrolite w' Imperial Lugs
Boy, Imperials really make that a classy-looking snare.........marko
Old 10-14-2015, 09:53 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

I agree Marko. I've seen a couple more other than my two. I found it interesting that my other one is serial 6254014 and this one is 6254254. Maybe they were running low on bowties or someone at the factory was having a little fun. Hard to say.

Mike
Old 10-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

No brainer here. Should go fast.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Jeez, that's a beautiful drum, Mike!!! Please help enlighten me though. I am just learning about Ludwigs. I have a late seventies Supra which is my pride and joy! The Acrolites are aluminum, right? Is the back finish a type of powder coating or is it black chrome? Also, do you think it would be terrible expensive to ship to Ontario, Canada? Thanks very much.
Brian
Old 10-15-2015, 03:41 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty 1322 View Post
Jeez, that's a beautiful drum, Mike!!! Please help enlighten me though. I am just learning about Ludwigs. I have a late seventies Supra which is my pride and joy! The Acrolites are aluminum, right? Is the back finish a type of powder coating or is it black chrome? Also, do you think it would be terrible expensive to ship to Ontario, Canada? Thanks very much.
Brian
Thanks Brian. The shell of this Acro should be much the same as yours as far as construction. They are Ludalloy which is essentially aluminum. I've read that these are powder coated. They are not black chrome. They have a black finish with a clear sparkle coat over them. The finish is super smooth. Shouldn't be all that much to get to you. I would only charge you 150 plus the actual shipping cost. If you want to pm me with your postal code, I can give you an estimate of shipping. Thanks.

Mike
Old 10-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Mike! PM sent.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Deal pending. Thanks.

Mike
Old 10-15-2015, 06:48 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Sold. Thanks Jerry!

Mike
Old 10-15-2015, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

Dammit man! I didn't see this til now. I would had loved to add another Acro "anomaly" to go with my '78 Imperial 10 lug 6.5 Acro.