Old 07-16-2014, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Slingerland Bernard Purdie set-made in Nashville
The kit is still available. I am willing to drive up to 4 hours in any direction to meet a buyer for an additional $25, if shipping is a potential holdup.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:17 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Why is this kit still available at that price? Should have been gone in 5 minutes or less! Nashville Slingys are excellent drums. They did a couple of celebrity configuration kits, including BP.

Last edited by Powertone; 07-16-2014 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:57 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

I've found the same thing with 18" basses. The 20's seem to be more versitile, but there are guys who swear by the 18's. I'm surprised at that price, with cases and $25 to deliver, that someone into Slingerlands isn't taking them.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:30 AM

I agree! I've seen plenty of interest, and the price hasn't been the problem. It's been getting travel or schedules lined up.

I have had 5 legit offers (2 trades, 3 cash), but I ended up buying another kit, which ruled out the trades. As for the cash guys, I think they are all legitimate, but one is one the road playing right now and another is a music exec and is busy with Summer NAMM and work travel. Musicians, right? I just want to get my schedule lined up with someone and get this kit in the hands of someone who wants it.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:28 PM

If anyone knows any big fan of Nashville Slingerlands, feel free to send them my way.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:56 AM

I just want to let everyone know that I may be down to last call on this kit. I have an offer at my asking price that requires shipping. I would rather do an in-person sale, so I will leave that open for a couple of days before I look to close the offer on the table. If you are legitimately interested in buying and have just been watching and waiting so far, please contact me soon.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

Not sure what kind of trouble I'm setting myself up for, but if any of the Nashville cats are legit and need me to hold onto them for awhile or would pay me to meet you halfway, I could help out. No joke, no funny business. Just sayin', if I can help with a sale on some great drums & help some bro's out, I'm happy to do it. PM me if I can help.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:55 PM

Wow! That's quite an offer. If anyone feels comfortable taking groovesonly up on it, I will chip in $25 of his gas to meet in Jackson.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:55 AM

I will drive up to 6 hours in any direction from Memphis for $1250. Knoxville, Atlanta, Jackson, MS, Nashville, Little Rock, Birmingham, St Louis, New Orleans, Southern KY and Eastern OK are all in that range. The closer you are to Memphis, the more I will come off that price. And with a little bit of driving, someone up to 8-9 hrs away will be able to get this set in-person. I have looked into how much it will take to ship these drums and it is NOT CHEAP. What I am asking is less than 1/3 of what UPS or FedEx Ground insured would be for just 6 hours away.

I will be available to do it this weekend, so let me know if you are interested.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrogersii View Post
Wow! That's quite an offer. If anyone feels comfortable taking groovesonly up on it, I will chip in $25 of his gas to meet in Jackson.
Just re-reading my post. It sounds much less coherent without a migraine. I think what I meant was, if the guys from Nashville are interested but being busy/on the road is keeping them from doing the deal, I'd be happy to be their "go-fer" and do the pick-up and keep them safe at my house till they come get them.
And, I promise to only play them one time and then pack them neatly away. At least I'm not a liar.

Tags
memphis , nashville , slingerland