Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-19-2017, 09:32 AM
OldSchool OldSchool is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,961
Default Sound Check, Please!

I've been considering picking this one up for a nephew of mine. Any information regarding the sound quality would be greatly appreciated since I've never heard one played live. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LudwigSnare2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	113244   Click image for larger version

Name:	LudwigSnare.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	113245  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-19-2017, 11:58 AM
mlayton mlayton is online now
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,452
Default Re: Sound Check, Please!

These are import drums. But I have read nothing but good things about them. When Ludwig discontinued that particular line a few years ago, they then began bringing some strong prices in the used market. That looks like the brass version. They also made one on bronze and steel as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-19-2017, 01:10 PM
BosLover BosLover is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 933
Default Re: Sound Check, Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
I've been considering picking this one up for a nephew of mine. Any information regarding the sound quality would be greatly appreciated since I've never heard one played live. Thanks!
What is the price?
__________________
Mark
BosLover
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-19-2017, 03:16 PM
human71 human71 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal, Que. Canada
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: Sound Check, Please!

There's currently a steel one up for sale in my local classifieds for $150 CDN dollars..
A little pricey for my taste.. But i've heard good things about these drums too.
The only crap thing about these would be the throw off.
The poor man's LM402
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-19-2017, 08:12 PM
OldSchool OldSchool is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,961
Default Re: Sound Check, Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayton View Post
These are import drums. But I have read nothing but good things about them. When Ludwig discontinued that particular line a few years ago, they then began bringing some strong prices in the used market. That looks like the brass version. They also made one on bronze and steel as well.
Thanks for your time and the information provided, Mike. I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-19-2017, 08:13 PM
OldSchool OldSchool is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,961
Default Re: Sound Check, Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosLover View Post
What is the price?
The price would be in the $70 range.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-19-2017, 09:11 PM
OldSchool OldSchool is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,961
Default Re: Sound Check, Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by human71 View Post
There's currently a steel one up for sale in my local classifieds for $150 CDN dollars..
A little pricey for my taste.. But i've heard good things about these drums too.
The only crap thing about these would be the throw off.
The poor man's LM402
Thanks for your time and input!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-21-2017, 01:03 AM
BosLover BosLover is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 933
Default Re: Sound Check, Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
The price would be in the $70 range.
It looks like its in great shape. For $70 why haven't you bought it yet?
__________________
Mark
BosLover
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign