Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 10-17-2016, 02:51 PM

Default Re: If you could have a specific snare name for the holidays (Chanukah or Christmas)

Slingerland Radio King. WMP, any year, players condition OK, with three point strainer. For an old timer who prefers that throw off.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: If you could have a specific snare name for the holidays (Chanukah or Christmas)

If you're talking about giving away a snare, I believe most of us have plenty. I would suggest donating to a school or a kid with little resources.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
If you're talking about giving away a snare, I believe most of us have plenty. I would suggest donating to a school or a kid with little resources.
Speak for yourself!

Currently looking for a 3-ply 24x14 Ludwig in champagne sparkle w/rail consolette and cymbal mount!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:53 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfate View Post
The Ludwig Carl Palmer "Venus'" snare with the design flaws corrected.
I'm interested in knowing about the design flaws. I have one and what I did notice on mine was that you could not put the Carl Palmer 'signed' sticker where it was to go inside the drum.......it's too wide to fit. A very nice drum though. I bought mine around the time they were first offered for sale. Heavy drum - sounds great and looks pretty good too . I took mister Palmers' advice and switched the batter head out and replaced the string snare ties with plastic strips.

Here's hoping you get your drum,

Cheers,

Gary
Old 10-17-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
I'm interested in knowing about the design flaws. I have one and what I did notice on mine was that you could not put the Carl Palmer 'signed' sticker where it was to go inside the drum.......it's too wide to fit. A very nice drum though. I bought mine around the time they were first offered for sale. Heavy drum - sounds great and looks pretty good too . I took mister Palmers' advice and switched the batter head out and replaced the string snare ties with plastic strips.

Here's hoping you get your drum,

Cheers,

Gary
The snares would not release cleanly.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:34 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Send a message via AIM to seantdrums

Id like a nice Chad Valley snare drum.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:13 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
Good for you Mark! Out of all the responses your the only one who thought of someone besides yourself.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Old 10-18-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccabinets View Post
Good for you Mark! Out of all the responses your the only one who thought of someone besides yourself.
Not the only one. +1 with johnnyringo.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:31 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

How about the Bun E. Carlos psychedelic Ludwig snare, limited edition, of a few years back?
Old 10-22-2016, 09:14 AM

For me...

Rogers Cleveland/Dayton Wine Red Ripple Powertone

or

1920s Ludwig & Ludwig 5x14 NOB 6 or 8 lug Standard

Looking for:
- Geo. Way/Camco Aristocrat Strainer
- Geo. Way/Camco 14" 6-Lug COB Hoops
- Original Geo. Way COB resonant hoop for 8 lug snare
- Rogers 14x14 Steel Grey Ripple Floor Tom

Tags
snare drum