Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 08-15-2019, 01:45 PM
Contributing Member

Default Re: One Way Out With Ludwig

Nice solo JR.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
Dude, you just made my day! I appreciate that, but those guys are doing what I always wanted to do, play with a successful band. That was my dream when I was a kid playing along to Gene Krupa and Chicago records. Unfortunately I didn't have the drive to do what I had to do and didn't take my potential to be in a successful band to the next level. I love playing music and I now know my limitations and do the best with what little talent God gave me.
Don't fret over it to much, I just read the Allman Brothers book, and it was quite depressing actually. They went through ALOT, to hell and back and back again. As much as I loved those guys, and wanted to play like Dickie Betts in the worst way, it's definitely not the life for me. Probably not the life for most of us. They gave us great music, but they payed a big price.

But your still pretty young, so you can still take your drumming to the next level. Maybe get a teacher for awhile to take you out of your comfort zone and move you in a different direction and maybe open up some doors that you never thought about. The talent is there for sure.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:12 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

I appreciate that, but I'm a lot older than you think, my claim to fame has long flown by.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:46 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Nice job. You played for the music and good clean relaxed playing. I really like the sound you got out of your snare drum. It had nice character and depth.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:42 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

When I was 17 and was cleaning brick at a construction site with the band for 1cent a brick
For a pa I knew then we in the verge of something but that something never panned out girlfriends got in the way and life in general the lord has a plan and I guess mine was to be be a dad
Not a pro drummer Although there were times I kept at it multi wives later and still to this day at 68 would like a little jazz / blues group to play with but still being dad takes president as I see my last daughter off to collage
Reflecting on could I have been more dedicated as a dad more ambitious as a bread winner more dedicated as a husband doing my due Diligence for the betterment of others no I think even as I sit hear with my morning coffee and newspaper in Pittsburgh my daughter is going to cmu for vocal performance and hoping the best for her I know what I have done is better than being a musician maybe one day lol
Jr keep playing and don’t worry about the mistakes life happens keep going you never know
Good luck and remember practice makes perfect lol
God bless my friends
Gary

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.

Last edited by jaghog; 08-16-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:26 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertone View Post
Nice job. You played for the music and good clean relaxed playing. I really like the sound you got out of your snare drum. It had nice character and depth.
That's a 6.5x14 Ludwig Classic Maple, it's my main gigging snare. It's very versatile and it sounds great at any venue, big or small.