Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Craviotto Nickel Over Brass #2/5 Black Diamond Snare - $6000 shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDrumLover View Post
I suppose the answer is rarity. This is most likely the only time someone would get the chance to own a #/5 snare drum, that could continue to gain value as they will never be made again.

The market sets the price. As I mentioned, the silver diamond snare went for 5000-6000 US, and those are significantly less rare.
Rarity often doesn't equal $$$. This is a common myth. You're right, the market does set the outcome...which is why its been dropped by 50%. The market changes.

I have to agree with others, who the hell would pay that amount for a snare. To each their own, but its absolutely silly, imo.
Old 12-29-2019, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Craviotto Nickel Over Brass #2/5 Black Diamond Snare - $6000 shipped

Bad timing for all the negativity

Drum sold for asking price.

Thanks everyone
Old 12-31-2019, 07:53 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDrumLover View Post
Bad timing for all the negativity

Drum sold for asking price.

Thanks everyone
Congrats on your sale VintageDrumLover!

I really wish people on this forum, and the other forum, would stop stepping on other people’s “For Sale” ads with their negative comments and perceived “expert opinions”. It’s just rude.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertone View Post
Congrats on your sale VintageDrumLover!

I really wish people on this forum, and the other forum, would stop stepping on other people’s “For Sale” ads with their negative comments and perceived “expert opinions”. It’s just rude.
Gotta agree Jeff! It’s simple really: The seller puts a price on an item, and that’s that! If you disagree with said price, too bad! Want to grouse about it? Send a PM! I’ve watched this particular behavior with regard to ones item/asking price for years. Don’t like it? Nobody cares .. send a PM!

Tommyp
Closed Thread