Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Cymbals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 06-06-2019, 04:10 PM
Drumaholic Drumaholic is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Cymbalholic Site Closing down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosLover View Post
Just a couple of aging 'holics fighting it out to the bitter end. .
Now I like that analogy.

Just a bunch of old stew-bums duking it out.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-06-2019, 10:25 PM
BosLover BosLover is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,165
Default Re: Cymbalholic Site Closing down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumaholic View Post
Now I like that analogy.

Just a bunch of old stew-bums duking it out.
I was hoping you would appreciate it.
__________________
Mark
BosLover
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-07-2019, 12:05 AM
O-Lugs O-Lugs is online now
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,171
Default Re: Cymbalholic Site Closing down

I thought those new Constantinoples were heavy, too. But when Zildjian released their Vintage series of A's, I loved them and still do. I think they are some of the best sounding jazz cymbals I've ever heard.
__________________
"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Chicago Dave Chicago Dave is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 243
Default Re: Cymbalholic Site Closing down

I was a member of Cymbalholic for more than about 10 years (as Thundermug), and I don't remember any drama. No time for that nonsense.

I do remember a lot of very helpful and knowledgable drummers freely sharing information that was hard to find anywhere else. When it's up and running again, I'll be around.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-08-2019, 04:52 PM
BosLover BosLover is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,165
Default Re: Cymbalholic Site Closing down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Dave View Post
I was a member of Cymbalholic for more than about 10 years (as Thundermug), and I don't remember any drama. No time for that nonsense.

I do remember a lot of very helpful and knowledgable drummers freely sharing information that was hard to find anywhere else. When it's up and running again, I'll be around.
There actually was lots of drama over the years. Not everybody was aware of it though.
__________________
Mark
BosLover
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Drumaholic Drumaholic is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Cymbalholic Site Closing down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Dave View Post
I was a member of Cymbalholic for more than about 10 years (as Thundermug), and I don't remember any drama. No time for that nonsense.

I do remember a lot of very helpful and knowledgable drummers freely sharing information that was hard to find anywhere else. When it's up and running again, I'll be around.
I know that Chad made it sound like there was still a small hope of Cymbalholic returning, but I honestly believe that he's done with it for good this time. Any I'm not saying that with any glee either. I just think he's had enough and he didn't want it to sound too harsh and final, so he just threw out that little bone so that the hopeful's would have something to chew on. But I really think it's over. I want to do a little research on what it would take just to get a generic forum up just on the web only for the vintage cymbal guys. It can't be that hard. Let's see about that.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-08-2019, 09:20 PM
Chicago Dave Chicago Dave is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 243
Default Re: Cymbalholic Site Closing down

Sounds good.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-08-2019, 10:39 PM
BosLover BosLover is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,165
Default Re: Cymbalholic Site Closing down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumaholic View Post
I know that Chad made it sound like there was still a small hope of Cymbalholic returning, but I honestly believe that he's done with it for good this time. Any I'm not saying that with any glee either. I just think he's had enough and he didn't want it to sound too harsh and final, so he just threw out that little bone so that the hopeful's would have something to chew on. But I really think it's over. I want to do a little research on what it would take just to get a generic forum up just on the web only for the vintage cymbal guys. It can't be that hard. Let's see about that.
I wonder if some of the Cymbalholic guys with an interest in vintage cymbals, who haven't done so already, will be joining us over here.
__________________
Mark
BosLover
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-08-2019, 10:47 PM
jda jda is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: western Pa.
Posts: 222
Default Re: Cymbalholic Site Closing down

I told everybody- when it was closing- you have drum forum and you have Vintage Drum Forum-- to migrate- to (lol..)

how hard would it have been for Chad to hand over (or sell or lease rent or whatever..) the keys to the crib ( cymbalholic)

Just a transfer from one computer to another? If that or what?.. would it involve; what Did running (any forum) involve. How much maintenance is there etc

what does one have to do ; empty the trash, clean the windows, stock the rest rooms..

Does forum software (?) take a lot of space in one's computer etc.
Sign some papers..

guess it would entail a lot of drag/space on one's personal computer (?) don't know.
~~~~~~

Check out Andy "the sheriff" at Small's until 1 am 2nd set coming up
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=64700

Last edited by jda; 06-08-2019 at 10:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-09-2019, 01:12 AM
Peedy Peedy is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 65
Default Re: Cymbalholic Site Closing down

I'm sure you cymbalholic devotees know the correct answer to the not THAT uncommon criticism of the site which is:

"Yeah, we're certainly been guilty of that . . . and feel bad . . . but we believe the good outweighs the bad."

getting indignant or saying that someone else just doesn't understand the "complexities of the discussion" just proves the point.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign