Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 03-18-2018, 11:36 AM
Contributing Member

Default Re: Sorry, Rant!

I understand that people have obligations and a personal life but a reply of yes or no was all that I was asking. I was possibly looking to restore the black nickel and repair two extra holes on a black beauty but more importantly was finding some missing parts. I say possibly because I can live without restoring the nickel and the patching of the holes. By the way long ago I did have dealings with two of the three restorers, the solution is simple, I'll never reach out to them again. I'll live with it, thanks for the offers of assistance!

Last edited by Butchie; 03-18-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:48 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchie View Post
Thanks for the offers of assistance. I understand that people have obligations and a personal life but a reply of yes or no was all that I was asking. I was looking to restore the black nickel and repair two extra holes on a black beauty as well as finding some missing parts. Long ago I did have dealings with two of the three restorers. No biggie, I'll live with it, again thanks!
Regarding re-plating/repair of the drum- you might contact some of the local motorcycle shops (H-D restorers, fabricators) in your area. Many of them are experts at chrome plating items.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:33 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

I restore drums, in a limited way, so ask away...what do you need done?

Mike Curotto
Old 03-18-2018, 06:20 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

It mite be a shot at u doing it with our help
1967 obp holly wood

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family. E- bay gd1825
Old 03-18-2018, 09:17 PM
Contributing Member

Mike I was looking into possibly the re-plating of the black nickel as well as possibly patching the two extra holes. What I was hoping to purchase was both rims, 20 clips and a Pioneer strainer, no reproductions. These for a 1926-27 Ludwig Standard Deluxe. The "want to buy" was posted in VDF's wanted section several days ago.

Last edited by Butchie; 03-18-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:22 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchie View Post
Mike I was looking into possibly the re-plating of the black nickel as well as possibly patching the two extra holes. What I was hoping to purchase was both rims, 20 clips and a Pioneer strainer, no reproductions. These for a 1926-27 Ludwig Standard Deluxe. The "want to buy" was posted in VDF's wanted section several days ago.
Hi,
I have all of those parts. The best way to converse re restorations is my email; mike@curottodrums.com

I do not know where you can get black nickel plating but send me some photos as I may be able to polish the black nickel and bring it back to life, if it hasn't been buffed to brass. I can get the holes plugged too.

Let's talk.

,ike Curotto
Old 03-19-2018, 07:23 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks Mike, I will. I do want to say the support I've received from VDF is incredible. I didn't bring up the topic to cause any controversy or to diss anyone I only wanted to know if what I experienced became the norm. I now know that it isn't. Thank you all!

Last edited by Butchie; 03-19-2018 at 07:42 PM.