Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Web Site Update

Old 08-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Default Aug 27, 2005 - Drummers Digest and Talking Drums

It looks as though many drum companies were producing a newspaper or small magazine about drums. I have a bunch of Leedy Topics and Ludwig Drummers, but only came across one of these WFL Drummers Digest. I wish I could scan the entire thing, but it is very brittle and not easy to handle. (Click Image)

How about these even harder to find Talking Drums by Premier. This one has Tony Bellson on the cover! The flyer had to be scanned in two sections because it is the size of a newspaper. Also very brittle so I could not work with it much. Opens really big. (Click Image)

Last edited by Webmaster; 04-30-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Contributing Member

Default Re: Aug 27, 2005 - Drummers Digest and Talking Drums

A year or so ago, I acquired the first 15 or so copies of 'The Drummer', the original Premier newsletter from 1929 - 39. Some very interesting reading there, especially the advice that pit drummers have 'nothing to worry about with the arrival of talkies'!!

The Drummer didn't reappear after WW2, but Talking Drums did eventually take over the sequential numbering and continued more or less right up the merger with Yamaha in 1987. After that, there were occasional issues of 'Rebound' Newsletters published until around 1994 when the company was taken over by The Verity Group. A couple of 'Premier News' newsletters were printed and 'Talking Drums' was resurrected for one issue in autumn 1999.