Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > DRUM IMAGE GALLERY

Nur für Mitglieder!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to jonnistix
Default Re: 1962 SBP Ludwigs

Man, I love that color and on an early Super Classic as well. Too bad your cuz went drill happy on this kit, as SBP is hard to find in this condition. At least the kit was not set up in some window and left in the sun for 30 years.
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Old 04-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Default Re: 1962 SBP Ludwigs

I really wished he wouldn't have done it too, esp with what I've seen on ebay for unmolested drums...never the less, folks bought these back for the right price. I sold all the 70's Hercules hardware to a friend who recently purchased a 70's Classic kit wo/ hardware for his son. So that recouped some of the investment. Still have 5 SBP add-on drums from the mid 70's-early 80's to sell. Thought about finding an "unmolested" bass to truly make the kit right, but I didn't want them to resell, and a different bass wouldn't have been Dad's kit....so we made the best with what we had. We've got alittle money in the project, but I've got Dad's set back and that was what mattered anyways. We were both amazed at how well they cleaned up considering all the "pool halls" they'd been over the years! To watch him play makes it worth it...I think he enjoys them as much as I do. I truly have a blast with them too!
1990's Ludwig Engraved Black-Beauty #40

Last edited by 1962SBP; 04-03-2011 at 04:13 PM.