Old 12-28-2008, 03:02 PM

Exclamation Where is introduction part of forum?
LOL, I am a newbie, and would like to say hello properly, but I can not find the introduction part of the forum. Help save an idiot!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Where is introduction part of forum?
The forum originally had a welcome section, but it did get turned off
a year or so ago.

!!!

David
Old 12-28-2008, 10:56 PM

Well then I guess this will have to do. I did not need a big ole welcome party, I kinda figured out as I am getting older, the things we used to take for granted in life like the big Christmas, the opening band sucking realy bad, playing shows for free,,,, Man I miss all that now!!! lolol... I am also learning to appreciate instruments for how they play and not how they look, took 30 years to get a hold of that one. My sister has givin me some old Rogers Drums and I am actualy taking my time cleaning them up. I have a post here about them. Well thanks for the big welcome, I dig the sight and have learned a lot. See on or around sometime my friend.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Hello, everyone... and especially Silly Billy, as I as well was searching for the now perished Intro Forum, so I am following your thread to say greetings!... Greetings! Anyway, I'm hittin' fifty soon, and am getting back into my long ago passion. Just finished purchasing a new, modest kit to get my feet wet again... I've been looking at some "extras" online, and I have a few pics to try and get some verification on. Where should I post them so as to get some advice from you cats that are in the groove? Thanks, and hello again! Kevins
Old 02-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Hello everyone, I have been searchinng for the introduction forum myself. Im glad I found this thread. Now I know Im not an idiot. lol
Im Poppy. I have a 68 ludwig kid, I believe is sky blue pearl, but it dont look blue at all. it looks more like it should be called silver grey pearl. I came here to see if y'all can help me figure this out. I need a snare to match this kit. I also have a 60's blue slate pearl Sonor kit. i am looking for a floor tom for this kit. I found one on craigs list in canada. I am trying to get that guy to list it on ebay so I can buy it. I allso have a tama rockstar kit with a pearl rack that i actually use. I hope to meet some new friends in here. Thanks for having me!
Poppy
Old 02-11-2009, 06:41 AM

Smile Re: Where is introduction part of forum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy79424 View Post
I allso have a tama rockstar kit with a pearl rack that i actually use. I hope to meet some new friends in here. Thanks for having me!
Poppy
Hey Poppy, I just gave my Tama rockstar back to my best friend, it was a double bass kit and we split it because back in the day I was to broke to afford my own. you can catch some pics of it at www.ethanmilesband.com in the "My studio" pics. Good to have ya here,,,
Old 02-17-2009, 10:55 AM

Greetings All. This is officially my first post so take it easy on me. It's taking me an hour to type this hello but my paradiddles are still pretty decent. God Bless!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 PM

Talking Re: Where is introduction part of forum?
Well,I guess this thread is the intro page! haha I'm a newbie as well,but I've been a silent member since Sept. I have been playing since I was 6. I'm 40.
My aunt got me a jr kit for xmas as a gag gift on my Mom. She threw it out after a short time,but I was hooked and beat on whatever.lol
I'm now the proud owner of a clear vistalite(since 1982),a Roger cali wine XP8a blue Island Import Rogers,a odd cortex Ludwig quadraplus, and a slew of percussion as well as 10 snares:1 script Dyna,2COB script powertone,several Ludwigs(including a 71 6.5x14supra and a 6 lug sky blue pearl),COB Niles Slingy. I'm glad I'm here! I LOVE VINTAGE DRUMS!!!!!!!!!!
My latest trade and oldest drum is a 1920s Leedy single ply steam bent. It's a real beauty! I plan on coming on here often and hope to make some new friends! Oh,I'm rwdowns on the Rogers Owners Forum as well.
rogerwdowns@yahoo.com
myspace.com/industrialstrengthart
I play in four very different bands and make metal sculpture out of found scrap. My biggest to date is a 16 foot outdoor that I donated to my hometown's city park!
Peace!
Old 03-06-2009, 04:43 AM

Smile Re: Where is introduction part of forum?
hey guys just wanted to drop by and say hi......... so anyone buy anything interesting this week......... yesterday i purchased an old 1960s DrumMate kit
for $100.00..... its a 4pc with a smoky black wrap on it its very slick looking with all original hardware and lugs ... do any of you guys know anything about this brand at all..... i checked on-line but really couldnt find anything on it except that it was made in japan which i already knew since its on all of its badges.... so yeah well hopefully someone can tell me a little more about my kit
Old 03-07-2009, 11:25 PM

I shall use this page to introduce myself to the forum as well. As a Vistalite owner and player and recently acquiring a 60's Ludwig WMP Downbeat kit (Complete 4 piece with Speed King Hi Hat, an amazing $200 score!) I thought I'd join to share and get some recommendations on keeping my Lud's in tip-top shape.

The 'new' kit in process of cleaning:
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Webmaster; 03-08-2009 at 12:49 AM.