Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Non-USA drums

Old 07-07-2019, 07:01 AM

Default "Fusion" drumkit by New Wave

I will leave here pictures of a kit I found for sale, just for future reference.
It is a Made in Taiwan "Fusion", by New Wave. It has an interesting badge and golden lugs.
Never seen one of these before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fusion01.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	126158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fusion02.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	126159  
Old 07-07-2019, 10:20 AM
Contributing Member

Default Re: "Fusion" drumkit by New Wave

The date on that badge is interesting, 1951.

Taiwan wasn't into manufacturing much of anything until well after that, probably not until the mid-eighties and onward. So I'm guessing this brand began life somewhere else. A quick look at Google doesn't bring anything up.

What is the price, if I may ask?
Old 07-07-2019, 02:07 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Fusion by New Sound may have been around since 1951 but, it may not have produced drums at this point. I have a Star conga drum. The badge states, "SINCE 1908, Star, Quality instruments". I'm sure there was a Japanese Star Company in 1908 but, I doubt very much that they produced drums. Maybe other musical instruments, maybe completely unrelated items. By printing a much older date, the company may have tried to lure in customers by claiming they had been around for decades producing quality drums. Just an opinion.
Brian
Old 07-11-2019, 08:45 AM

What I find most intriguing is the drum throne; the base tripod of which appears to be a vintage Trixon with spring loaded legs! The padded seat on top of it obviously not Trixon, with a "cilo" logo on it. Wonders never cease. Overall the kit would appear to be of recent modern manufacture.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKIE_B View Post
What I find most intriguing is the drum throne; the base tripod of which appears to be a vintage Trixon with spring loaded legs! The padded seat on top of it obviously not Trixon, with a "cilo" logo on it. Wonders never cease. Overall the kit would appear to be of recent modern manufacture.
Yeah. I think Cilo is a bicycle brand. I remember a friend of mine had an old cycling bycicle with that brand.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBonham View Post
Yeah. I think Cilo is a bicycle brand. I remember a friend of mine had an old cycling bycicle with that brand.
Yes, its an old Swiss bike brand, long gone now. Obviously one of there cheapo soft saddles. Awful for a long ride on a bike, but it is probably pretty darn comfortable as a throne!