Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Wanted to Buy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-22-2019, 04:26 PM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,003
Default Re: WTB: 70's LUDWIG COS Supraphonic Top Hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumguy1988 View Post
WOW you're right. It does look more like a Ludwig Hoop. You got them at Salt Lake City Drums?? I'm in Ontario Canada so That would be a long drive lol!!!
Road trip!! Honestly, though. I got them on eBay. Lots of stores are carrying these Rogers repro parts, so do a search and see who's got them. I'm sure any of the legitimate retailers should have no issues sending to Canada.

-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-22-2019, 10:08 PM
Drumguy1988 Drumguy1988 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,892
Default Re: WTB: 70's LUDWIG COS Supraphonic Top Hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
Road trip!! Honestly, though. I got them on eBay. Lots of stores are carrying these Rogers repro parts, so do a search and see who's got them. I'm sure any of the legitimate retailers should have no issues sending to Canada.

-Mark
Do you remember the seller on ebay you got them from?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-23-2019, 12:25 AM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,003
Default Re: WTB: 70's LUDWIG COS Supraphonic Top Hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumguy1988 View Post
Do you remember the seller on ebay you got them from?
Salt City Drums. Ebay name is saltcitydrums

Here's the eBay link... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rogers-4297...temCondition=3

-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-23-2019, 01:11 AM
Drumguy1988 Drumguy1988 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,892
Default Re: WTB: 70's LUDWIG COS Supraphonic Top Hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
Salt City Drums. Ebay name is saltcitydrums

Here's the eBay link... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rogers-4297...temCondition=3

-Mark
Thanks Mark for the help. I will check them out.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-23-2019, 01:25 AM
Drumguy1988 Drumguy1988 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,892
Default Re: WTB: 70's LUDWIG COS Supraphonic Top Hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
I recently purchased a set of Rogers repro hoops for my Montineri-built custom Dynasonic wood shell. These hoops are 1.6mm and the batter hoop resembles a Ludwig more than it does a Rogers! I paid $31.99 for the batter hoop from Salt City Drums, but they sell for pretty much the same price from all sellers. Might be a good alternative to an actual, and costly, Ludwig hoop.

Picture attached of my drum, so you can see the hoop profile.

-Mark
Mark, What;s the overall height of this Rogers hoop. The Supra I have is 1-1/8" from top to bottom.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-23-2019, 10:01 AM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,003
Default Re: WTB: 70's LUDWIG COS Supraphonic Top Hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumguy1988 View Post
Mark, What;s the overall height of this Rogers hoop. The Supra I have is 1-1/8" from top to bottom.
Just measured it... 1-1/8" top to bottom! Looks like the Rogers repro hoop will be an ideal replacement!

-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-23-2019, 12:58 PM
Drumguy1988 Drumguy1988 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,892
Default Re: WTB: 70's LUDWIG COS Supraphonic Top Hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
Just measured it... 1-1/8" top to bottom! Looks like the Rogers repro hoop will be an ideal replacement!

-Mark
Yes It does. Thanks for measuring. The hoop looked taller in you picture. I appreciate all your help Mark.

Just out of curiosity do they make a bottom hoop also???. I looked but couldn't find one. Not that I need it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-23-2019, 07:49 PM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,003
Default Re: WTB: 70's LUDWIG COS Supraphonic Top Hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumguy1988 View Post
Yes It does. Thanks for measuring. The hoop looked taller in you picture. I appreciate all your help Mark.

Just out of curiosity do they make a bottom hoop also???. I looked but couldn't find one. Not that I need it.
Yes, they make a bottom hoop, but it's designed for the Dynasonic and has the guards attached.

-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-23-2019, 09:50 PM
Drumguy1988 Drumguy1988 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,892
Default Re: WTB: 70's LUDWIG COS Supraphonic Top Hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
Yes, they make a bottom hoop, but it's designed for the Dynasonic and has the guards attached.

-Mark
AH!! Good to know. Thanks again
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-24-2019, 07:44 PM
Drumguy1988 Drumguy1988 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,892
Default Re: WTB: 70's LUDWIG COS Supraphonic Top Hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
Salt City Drums. Ebay name is saltcitydrums

Here's the eBay link... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rogers-4297...temCondition=3

-Mark
Hey Mark. Just ordered this hoop. Thanks again for your help.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign