Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Cymbals

Old 01-09-2018, 11:05 AM

Default Bosphorus Master...sizzle or not?

Hi drummers,
I got a 22” Bosphorus Master recently. I play it on my far right side, next to my 21” Agop SE (very dry!) and a 20” Agop SE, which has a more open Sound and works perfect as a compliment to the 21” (Thanks Tony from CymalsOnly! Great guy!!!)
To give it a bit more contrast, i was thinking of turning the Bosphorus Master into a Sizzler. My concern is: it weights 1950g, fairly light for 22”.
I’ve turned some Avedis into Sizzlers, so technically i know how to do it.
With a sizzler-chain it sounds quite nice. Has anyone experience with very light cymbals or even a Bosph Master drilling for sizzles?
Thanks for sharing experiences!!
Old 01-09-2018, 01:44 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Bosphorus Master...sizzle or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo_berlin View Post
Hi drummers,
I got a 22” Bosphorus Master recently. I play it on my far right side, next to my 21” Agop SE (very dry!) and a 20” Agop SE, which has a more open Sound and works perfect as a compliment to the 21” (Thanks Tony from CymalsOnly! Great guy!!!)
To give it a bit more contrast, i was thinking of turning the Bosphorus Master into a Sizzler. My concern is: it weights 1950g, fairly light for 22”.
I’ve turned some Avedis into Sizzlers, so technically i know how to do it.
With a sizzler-chain it sounds quite nice. Has anyone experience with very light cymbals or even a Bosph Master drilling for sizzles?
Thanks for sharing experiences!!
My son Milestones and I have a thin Bos 20" Hammer. to which we added a single copper rivet. Sounds great. I wouldn't add more than two rivets or you're liable to get tired of the amount of extra sustain on a thin cymbal. Start with one and see how it goes. It really should not diminish the value of the cymbal, if that's a concern.

Last edited by BosLover; 01-09-2018 at 01:46 PM.