Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Old 12-22-2014, 12:10 AM
Contributing Member

Default Vaughncraft mystery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who have had a less than pleasant experience with the Vaughncraft company let me share a bit of information I just came across this evening. The company was Vaughncraft shells, 602 high street, Baldwin City, Ks., 66006 phone 785-594-6776. The building is now up for rent. I also came across a wed-site I have never seen Ron/Vaughn shells, po box 3886, Lawrence. Ks 66046 phone 785-393-9315. I do not know if there is a connection there or not.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:53 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Vaughncraft mystery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Website............ http://www.ronvaughn.net/index.html

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Looks like a reorganization of some sort. I had noticed the site was no longer active. I was not aware of the new site. I didn't see wood shells listed anywhere on the page
Old 12-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherTime View Post
Looks like a reorganization of some sort. I had noticed the site was no longer active. I was not aware of the new site. I didn't see wood shells listed anywhere on the page
If you scroll down the page, on the left in green type there's a "Solid Shell" header with link to that section among others like Bio, Artists, etc.....

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Reorganization is often related to something disastrous having happened to a business. No 'healthy' growing business is going to 'reorganize' under a new name unless it is absolutely necessary. Same business, same owners, different name, new location it's an old pattern. Chapter 11 the bad company, go belly-up on all debts and customers, take what you can salvage and open up across the street under a new name... it happens. It's sleazy and dishonest, but it's legal and it happens. I feel sorry for the customers that got screwed out of money in the process. If they want their money back they have to hire lawyers, get in line and go to court hoping to get ten cents on the dollar in adjudication. Bummer. I wouldn't spend a plug nickel on anything associated with Vaughncraft because of they way he's treated members of our community. He should have retired instead of opening up again under a different name. Scumbag.

John

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Old 12-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member

Yup. I found him on Facebook and told him what I think of him.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

It is a shame to see what has come of a world class drum shell builder, the original owners didn't conduct business this way at all.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:43 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdie Shuffle View Post
Reorganization is often related to something disastrous having happened to a business. No 'healthy' growing business is going to 'reorganize' under a new name unless it is absolutely necessary. Same business, same owners, different name, new location it's an old pattern. Chapter 11 the bad company, go belly-up on all debts and customers, take what you can salvage and open up across the street under a new name... it happens. It's sleazy and dishonest, but it's legal and it happens. I feel sorry for the customers that got screwed out of money in the process. If they want their money back they have to hire lawyers, get in line and go to court hoping to get ten cents on the dollar in adjudication. Bummer. I wouldn't spend a plug nickel on anything associated with Vaughncraft because of they way he's treated members of our community. He should have retired instead of opening up again under a different name. Scumbag.

John
Well said John!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherTime View Post
Ron Vaughn sold Vaughncraft in 2004. The current owner is John Rose and, currently, there are at least 4 customers including myself who have been ripped off by John Rose for large amounts of money. I have filed with the IC3, BBB, and State of Kansas.

Here is a video on YouTube posted by one Vaughncraft's victims showing the poor quality and discussing Vaughncraft's business practices.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:28 AM

Thumbs down Re: Vaughncraft mystery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my.....They have been seperate entities for a while.
Vaughcraft has moved a few times, latest is in Ottawa Ks.
I am in the hole for $1650 after paying up for complete shells on June 2nd of this year. All I have rec'd was a wrong size cherry shell and a mystery wood species snare shell. I was supposd to get a 20 x14, 12 x 9, 14 x14.
I among the others get no e-mail or phone replies.
I have also filed with the Kansas Attorney Generals Office, the BBB, and the IC3.
I have six months of e-mail lies/ wacky replies from John Rose:
"Lovely, going out now", 6 weeks later, "the shells are cracked", two months later, :"going out to be edged", 8 weeks later: "Edge guy cracked the shells", last calll, "It is cost prohibitive for me to send your shells out to be turned down"...WTF ?
Meanwhile he is sending out feelers for similar sixed shell sets with diffirent varieties of wood. My e-mail, also sent to the attorney generals office, to John Rose asked him to send me the cheaper set he was hawking to others since my finished set from now 8 months ago has mysteriously gone off his radar.

Be very careful with John Rose, his BBB rating is currently an "F" as he refuses to answer complaints.
This is what $1650 gets you !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vaughcraft crack shell.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	80087   Click image for larger version

Name:	vaughncraft 12 and 14.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	80088  

Last edited by drummerbill; 01-16-2015 at 10:32 AM.