Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > For Sale

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-26-2019, 05:14 PM
johnnyringo johnnyringo is online now
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,495
Default Leedy Drums

Not here, look up there.

Last edited by johnnyringo; 10-14-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-26-2019, 06:18 PM
slingerfan slingerfan is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 684
Default Re: Leedy Drums

C'mon JR you said these were keepers. It is a really nice kit. You can't shake the Luddies? GLWS
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-26-2019, 08:36 PM
DrumBob DrumBob is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 736
Default Re: Leedy Drums

I have to comment, and please understand I mean no offense. I'm not criticizing. Just trying to understand your MO.

It seems like you are always looking for some unobtainable object, El Dorado as it were, and never seem truly satisfied with anything you buy. One day, you say "this set is a keeper," and a month later, they're for sale. I just don't understand, but obviously, we are different in the way we purchase drums. I buy for keeps in most cases, unless it's something I plan to flip, but I have kits that will remain with me forever. I have had my DW set since 2001. I've had my '64 Slingerlands since '65.

Then again, I'm no psychologist. Whatever works for you is what you should do.
__________________
'01 DW Collectors, Oyster White, 10/12/14/16/22
'64 Slingerland, 13/16/20/22 (to be restored)
'65 Leedy, Blue Sparkle, 12/14/20
'67 Ludwig, Burgundy Sparkle, 12/13/16/22
'73 Slingerland, Sky Blue Pearl, 12/13/16/22
'72 Slingerland, Red Tiger Pearl, 12/13/16/22
'72 Rogers, Black Strata, 13/16/22
'60s MIJ Apollo/Majestic, Red Sparkle, 13/16/20
'60s Stewart, Gold Sparkle, 12/13/16/22


Author of the book, "Great Rock Drummers Of The Sixties."

Last edited by DrumBob; 09-26-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-26-2019, 09:10 PM
johnnyringo johnnyringo is online now
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,495
Default Re: Leedy Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumBob View Post
I have to comment, and please understand I mean no offense. I'm not criticizing. Just trying to understand your MO.

It seems like you are always looking for some unobtainable object, El Dorado as it were, and never seem truly satisfied with anything you buy. One day, you say "this set is a keeper," and a month later, they're for sale. I just don't understand, but obviously, we are different in the way we purchase drums. I buy for keeps in most cases, unless it's something I plan to flip, but I have kits that will remain with me forever. I have had my DW set since 2001. I've had my '64 Slingerlands since '65.

Then again, I'm no psychologist. Whatever works for you is what you should do.
Good for you.
Why does anyone care what or why I sell anything? I'm just going to say this, it's none of your business. If someone wants a good deal on a very clean kit, here it is, if not, fine. I don't feel the need to have to explain why I choose to buy or sell something, but thanks for keeping my post on top.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-26-2019, 09:33 PM
gunnellett gunnellett is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Washington
Posts: 423
Default Re: Leedy Drums

It does look nice. I really like these lugs.

One thing I like about this set (and most probably don't care) is the cymbal mount on the bass drum. I really like them but hate to drill a nice vintage bass drum to mount one.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-26-2019, 11:00 PM
jaghog jaghog is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: chitown
Posts: 5,055
Default Re: Leedy Drums

Maybe some emergency came up give home a break guys I have had to sell kits I said were keepers myself do to that dreaded disease
Lac o coin
__________________
1968 pink champagne holly wood 18 in ft and downbeat snare, and , supra
1961 cob super 400
some nice pies





once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-27-2019, 01:50 AM
Catherine Catherine is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Alhambra California
Posts: 64
Talking Re: Leedy Drums

Oh Lordy Golly Gee, now I can't see them. I am selling my brothers kit because I want to and I desire someone to have them that can play them. They gorgeous now! Hey sell what you want when you want. Collections should flow and be augmented. Don't let them become static. I am just saying!

Catherine
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-27-2019, 08:21 AM
jaghog jaghog is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: chitown
Posts: 5,055
Default Re: Leedy Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
Oh Lordy Golly Gee, now I can't see them. I am selling my brothers kit because I want to and I desire someone to have them that can play them. They gorgeous now! Hey sell what you want when you want. Collections should flow and be augmented. Don't let them become static. I am just saying!

Catherine
Catherine we will have you drumming before you know it
Garylol
__________________
1968 pink champagne holly wood 18 in ft and downbeat snare, and , supra
1961 cob super 400
some nice pies





once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-27-2019, 09:57 AM
DrumBob DrumBob is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 736
Default Re: Leedy Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaghog View Post
Catherine we will have you drumming before you know it
Garylol
Really! Maybe you should keep your brother's drums and give it a shot.

(Actually, follow your gut feelings. Our opinions don't really matter in the long run.)
__________________
'01 DW Collectors, Oyster White, 10/12/14/16/22
'64 Slingerland, 13/16/20/22 (to be restored)
'65 Leedy, Blue Sparkle, 12/14/20
'67 Ludwig, Burgundy Sparkle, 12/13/16/22
'73 Slingerland, Sky Blue Pearl, 12/13/16/22
'72 Slingerland, Red Tiger Pearl, 12/13/16/22
'72 Rogers, Black Strata, 13/16/22
'60s MIJ Apollo/Majestic, Red Sparkle, 13/16/20
'60s Stewart, Gold Sparkle, 12/13/16/22


Author of the book, "Great Rock Drummers Of The Sixties."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-29-2019, 07:00 PM
plexi69 plexi69 is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 281
Default Re: Leedy Drums

Looks like it has sold, no longer listed.

Last edited by plexi69; 09-29-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign