View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 08:54 PM

Default Star Drums childs set

I just bought a vintage Star Drums childs set and can not find any info on them anywhere. I have a standard size Star Drums kit so I know alot about them. I can find no pictures nor even a mention in any Star catologs I have or have seen. These are from 1965-1968 because of the Badge style. The kit has wood shells and standard metal rims and hardware all but the lugs. Most of the hardware matches the regular hardware except a few items that are smaller in size. The kit has a 10 x16 kick with wooden hoops...6 x 9 rack tom...and a 4 x 10 snare with knob adjustable internal snares. The kit came with a 10 inch cymbal mounted on a straight rod on top of the kick. It came with a dual hoop mount cowbell woodblock mount with a 4 inch chrome cowbell. Woodblock was missing. It also has a bass drum pedal and even a small adjustable snare stand. The wrap is red oyster pearl. The kit is in great condition and has a few small issues...mostly small holes in the rack and snare heads. I have a few pictures in an album on my page so check them out and tell me what you can, or where to find the info. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	astr 001.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	71711   Click image for larger version

Name:	astr 002.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	71712   Click image for larger version

Name:	astr 003.jpg
Views:	187