View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 10:44 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Mystery Turkish(?) Arabic Stamp - Not an Old K Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniteninjas View Post
Hmm, I don't see that comparison no matter how I orient my photo. Maybe it's a different knockoff. I really don't think it could be a real K Con.
The one on the cymbal you are asking about isn't exactly the same as the ersatz k one Drumaholic showed. That's why I said "is more of a match" rather than "is exactly the same". Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. There are a number of different ersatz k stamps, and I suspect that Drumaholic may have a collection of different photos. You can actually see two different versions in that thread I linked to. The original question showed a different one from the one which Drumaholic used in his comparison. The ersatz k stamps share certain pictorial elements which are different from the pictorial elements in the K Zildjian Constantinople stamps. I'll see if I can annotate the differences.

Cymbal Wiki || A site about cymbals
Paiste portal click here || Avedis Zildjian portal click here || K Zildjian Istanbul portal click here