Vintage Drum Forum

Vintage Drum Forum (https://www.vintagedrumforum.com/index.php)
-   Vintage Drums (https://www.vintagedrumforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cool Father's Day Score! (https://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=59746)

skapunk_edge 06-18-2017 08:07 PM

Cool Father's Day Score!

2 Attachment(s)
Snagged this nice lot today! Happy Father's Day To Me!
Cool Ludwig Standard Gold Strata Drums in decent shape.
Some pretty mangled MIJ Toms in BDP
Couple of nice little vintage Tama Drums.
Matador Timbales
A Keystone Acro
A couple of 3 ply B/o Toms.
Bunch of Cymbals and Stands!
Can anyone tell me if they have sold the Ludwig Standards in a Super Classic Configuration with a centermount?
The Drums are 13, 16 , 22 with matching snare.

mlayton 06-18-2017 09:20 PM

Re: Cool Father's Day Score!

1 Attachment(s)
Nice finds! Congrats.

Yes, they made the S-320 kit in 22/13/16. Image is from the '69 Ludwig Standard catalog.

K.O. 06-18-2017 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yup, no rails on Standards (although maybe if you had asked Ludwig real nice) just a single and double post style mounts.

Great score for sure!

skapunk_edge 06-19-2017 12:50 AM

Awesome! I just looked at the kit again and it does have the factory cymbal mount on the kick and the tom mount on the 13 is on the proper side so it is a complete 320 Standard kit! Well other than the parts I need to get it up and running. Just went over the cymbals that came with it and it looke like I scored a super thin 15 inch Zildjian A. A set of 14 inch Zildjian A hats. A 16 inch Zildjian A Crash. A couple cheapy Stanople and Krut Rides.

DRUMR69 06-19-2017 01:29 PM

Always better when you score on Father's day.

Wayne

mchair303 06-19-2017 02:24 PM

Nice score! Regardless of the price paid or the deal you got, it's always a great score when vintage stuff ends up in the hands of someone who is going to bring it back to life, rather than in the hands of some kid who's going to redrill everything for modern Pearl mounts and spurs. DOH
And what's wrong with a Krut ride? I've got a 20" Krut sizzle I just love. And you didn't even mention yet the Ralph Kester Ching Ring that seems to be hiding behind that Remo box.

Let us know in the For Sale section if you're parting with any of this.

Mike

skapunk_edge 06-19-2017 04:43 PM

Thanks everyone! I am loving the ching ring MIke! I've yet to score one in all my journey's hunting this stuff down. I plan on holding on to the Gold Strata to restore and the the A Cymbals. At least until I can figure out which ones I like and fit into my current stash. But everything else will be for sale shortly!Just need to find a minute to scrub em down a bit and get some more pics taken. I will also be parting with my Ludwig Standard Blue Strata that I have already cleaned up now that I have the gold strata to restore.

lucky 06-20-2017 03:17 PM

Nice score, I'll take the snare and the Schwinn

human71 06-20-2017 08:18 PM

That's like "finding that 100 dollar bill in one of your pockets" type of score,
only much more valuable ! ;)

skapunk_edge 06-20-2017 08:25 PM

Good eye on the Schwinn Lucky! Restoring old bikes was my old obsession before drums. Mainly 80's BMX stuff. Don't really hunt for bikes anymore but every now then I see an old ride like that Schwinn and it somehow ends up in my car.